• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Woodworm

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Only used a Woodworm once myself in the nets and it seemed very good, but the guy who invented them has connections to my school and one of my school's best ever players, the 2002 Wisden Young All-Rounder of the Year Andries Kruger (got offered a contract with Sussex at 18 but chose to go back to his SA homeland to become a doctor I think) used it during the 2002 season, the first player in the world to have a Woodworm sponsorship, I believe (he got the deal in 2001 or so, before Flintoff/Murali/Anderson/Pietersen/others), and the amount of runs he scored with it was scary.....

It was the man rather than the bat that did it of course, but you should have seen the ball fly when he middled one - a powerful striker, but you could hear from the sound that it was one damn fine bat he was using.

Langeveldt

Soutie
SpeedKing said:
Is that an England top being worn by the oh so mighty Saffie Fan and Pietersen hater Langeveldt
Guilty as charged!! Lets just say if they sold SA test shirts here I wouldn't be in much predicament as to which to get...

Pietersen hasn't as yet tarnished the England test shirt :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Monty said:
Anyone have one i wanna know what they are like
Great idea, to be used (and possibly developed further) in the next 3 or 4 years. My bet, anyway.
Shift weight from where it isn't needed to where it is... Jeez, why the hell did it take something so simple so long to be incepted?

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
Guilty as charged!! Lets just say if they sold SA test shirts here I wouldn't be in much predicament as to which to get...

Pietersen hasn't as yet tarnished the England test shirt :)
LOL :D fair call.

Marcus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Woodworm nice piece of wood, ive just brought my brother one and it is lovely waited piece of wood, however Millichamp and Hall best bast made, somerset make that has all the qualities of woodworm although with better quality wood, and because its made in the cidar country best bat in the world

savill

School Boy/Girl Captain
TopCat, I currently use one of Napier's old Warsops. I've completely smashed the toe, but anywhere near the middle and it's gone, completely awesome bats.