• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More controversy brewing...this time it's Marlon Samuels versus Dwayne.

This one is spicier.

Will post the video soon...

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That chase was something else..
Amazing innings from Shiv and Sarwan, loved it. If you married that batting lineup with our current bowling line up we would be very competitive. Oh well.

I wonder if our guys will come to the UK or not in July? It's going to be very strange even if they do.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Always remember watching some extended highlights package of that chase as a kid, was gutted at the time but in hindsight realise I was seeing something truly superb.

I would love to see Australia tour against the current West Indies side, reckon that would be a really cool tour considering the pace bowling on supply on both sides, and the Australian batting lineup being prone to spontaneous combustion on pitches that are doing a bit

SillyCowCorner1

Always remember watching some extended highlights package of that chase as a kid, was gutted at the time but in hindsight realise I was seeing something truly superb.

I would love to see Australia tour against the current West Indies side, reckon that would be a really cool tour considering the pace bowling on supply on both sides, and the Australian batting lineup being prone to spontaneous combustion on pitches that are doing a bit
I was in school on the day that the winning runs were scored. Omari Banks, with a nice knock at the end.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I know I am biased here as one of the biggest Lara fans in CW, but his twin 60s in that match are extremely under rated IMO.

SillyCowCorner1

I see Skerritt, Vasbert Drakes,Omari Banks....Sarwan and Gayle together...no bad blood at all, Dillon, Marlon Samuels, Jermaine Lawson, Shiv, someone behind him is probably Devon Smith, Ridley Jacobs, Tino Best, Lara, don't know who that guy is next to him, Carlon Baugh jr., Daren Ganga

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The 30 man squad for England (if it goes ahead), from which they will choose 25 people, is:

Jamaica: John Campbell, Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Paul Palmer Jr, Marquino Mindley

T & T: Daren Bravo, Joshua da Silva, Anderson Phillip, Shannon Gabriel

Windwards: Sunil Ambris, Preston McSween

Leewards: Alzarri Joseph, Jahmar Hamilton, Rahkeem Cornwall

Guyana: Shimron Hetmyer, Veerasammy Permaul, Keemo Paul

Barbados: Jason Holder, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shayne Mosely, Kemar Roach, Chemar Holder, Keon Harding, Shane Dowrich, Shai Hope, Kyle Mayers, Roston Chase, Shamarh Brooks, Jomel Warrican

I have bolded those who I honestly don't have a clue how they have made it into the selectors thoughts. In general I love the bowling options, we have pretty much every base apart from wrist spinner covered comprehensively. However, the batting options are terrible. What on earth the likes of Paul Palmer and Shayne Mosely have done to even merit A team consideration, let alone senior recognition, I'll never know. Still, we should end up with a decent final squad from that.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Is joshua de Silva any good? I don't see him getting much of a look in unless he does something special as Dowrich has cemented his position and if he couldn't play I imagine they'd give the gloves to hope.
Has de sliva overtaken ramdin now?

SillyCowCorner1

Is joshua de Silva any good? I don't see him getting much of a look in unless he does something special as Dowrich has cemented his position and if he couldn't play I imagine they'd give the gloves to hope.
Has de sliva overtaken ramdin now?
As a batsman, Joshua is good.
Speakingof the best gloveman in the region, it's obviously Jangoo...but he's bot producing much with the bat.
Bramble another option as well, but he's a better batsman than gloveman. He doesn't have to keep up to prodigious spinners of the ball. Permaul on a 4th day Providence wicket is another discussion.

Tom Flint

International Regular
If Dowrich was injured who would you like to see them give the gloves to? Hope, ambris, de Silva or someone else?

SillyCowCorner1

Based on experience, it would be Hope.
If it's a 3-test series. I'd go with a genuine keeper. Bring in Joshua. He can bat at 6 or 7. Hope keeps his batting position in the top order.

SillyCowCorner1

A non-selection to note is that of Nicholas Pooran. The plans for him are clearly white ball cricket it would seem.

SillyCowCorner1

I hope I didn't miss anything....

Jamaica Tallawahs:

Gayle has a problem with Sarwan
Samuels has a problem with Dwayne Bravo
Dre Russ hoping to take over the captaincy, only to hear that it will be Rovman Powell.