• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will India have a new captain at the helm for 2015 World Cup?

ganeshran

International Debutant
Sounds like a recording-breakingly long reign for Gambhir then. :cool:

"It's the way I tell 'em."
Kohli is certain to be a regular in the middle order after the big 3 retire. Raina is the one whose place is doubtful because of his problem against the short ball.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kohli is certain to be a regular in the middle order after the big 3 retire. Raina is the one whose place is doubtful because of his problem against the short ball.
Seems very unfair to single out Raina. Kohli's looked a bit iffy against the short pitched stuff too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Iffy is different to rank amateur like Raina. Raina also struggles with seam movement unlike Kohli.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Seems very unfair to single out Raina. Kohli's looked a bit iffy against the short pitched stuff too.
Raina's problems are far more pronounced compared to Kohli. He seems to watch out for the short delivery on every ball and often gets out on fullish deliveries. needs to put in hard work to become a test calibre player.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
As people have mentioned.
Dhoni was the greatest thing ever happened to India. It his calm and cool aura which keeps Indian team united although he isn't the best tactician out there, it still works for his team.
Misbah ul Haq has been able to do the same to the Pakistani team ever since he took over and once again he is one of the worst tactician out there :\

I would probably give Dhoni a year to relax and then let him continue with captaincy focusing more on batting and leaving the keeping job for others to do. Just as Imran stopped bowling frequently in his last couple of years, Dhoni needs a change so that he can continue to groom youngsters with his advice and aura (I can already see the effect of Dhoni on the likes of Kohli, Raina, Jadeja).

Yes, I rate him higher than Tendulkar.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Would be tough to replace such an awesome ODI player whenever he chooses to retire. Think Gambhir will be the guy taking over. Don't see Sehwag outlasting Dhoni by much, if he even manages that.