• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will India always be mediocre?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
if india are mediocre then yes the only team that are better than mediocre is australia, if india are mediocre that must mean everyone else excluding the aussies are either mediocre or poor.....or zimbabwe....

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
All India need is a better pace atack and then they have a superb team. Too atack that batting line up is simply obsurd

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
kendall said:
All India need is a better pace atack and then they have a superb team. Too atack that batting line up is simply obsurd
and a wicket keeper, a better one

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
sledger said:
if india are mediocre then yes the only team that are better than mediocre is australia, if india are mediocre that must mean everyone else excluding the aussies are either mediocre or poor.....or zimbabwe....
exactly how do you class a side mediocre? just becasue a side isnt the best in the world doesnt make them mediocre

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
kendall said:
exactly how do you class a side mediocre? just becasue a side isnt the best in the world doesnt make them mediocre
yes it is a silly theory really, india bar one or two players are an excellent side.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Guys,
Stop whinning, it's pathetic. Pakistan outplayed India, and was on top this whole test. India lost because of some good cricket from Pakistan, not bad cricket from it's own players.

Sudeep

International Captain
Duncan said:
Guys,
Stop whinning, it's pathetic. Pakistan outplayed India, and was on top this whole test. India lost because of some good cricket from Pakistan, not bad cricket from it's own players.
It doesn't support the fact the batting today was dismal, soul-less.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Sudeep said:
It doesn't support the fact the batting today was dismal, soul-less.
Same scenario as the last day of test 2 where Pakistan had to play out time to draw the match. But then I guess we can conclude that both teams are mediocre going by what you've said.

Sudeep

International Captain
Unattainableguy said:
Same scenario as the last day of test 2 where Pakistan had to play out time to draw the match. But then I guess we can conclude that both teams are mediocre going by what you've said.
If you read the first page, I've defended India, as not being mediocre.

And while we are at it, our batting line-up is much better than Pakistan's. So you except us to survive more than them.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
tooextracool said:
i doubt it, the pakistan batting was made to look exceptional by some rubbish bowling by india. certainly any team that lets pakistan score 261 from 50 overs in the 3rd inning of a test match must be poor, let alone any side that lets afridi score like the way he did. there isnt much getting away for it, india's bowling is extremely extremely poor, their batting well relied pretty much on sehwag and dravid. dravid had one mediocre test and they lost.
for me i really wonder how long they are going to go along with this pathan is the next wasim rubbish, you cant expect to be playing 20 tests with such awful performances. balaji isnt much better.
I agree with you fully mate.Indian bowling truck load of rubbish.Pathan is hyped up guy. he might become another zaheer khan sooner or leter.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
vvk said:
Afridi, a part-timer, was made to look like a world beater today.
To top it all, the indians have been figuring how to play afridi for last 9 years and still they do not have the answers.shame on them.One just has to only look at afridis bowling against india in test matches.These guys are clueless against him, including the famed batting line up.
:D

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Sudeep said:
If you read the first page, I've defended India, as not being mediocre.

And while we are at it, our batting line-up is much better than Pakistan's. So you except us to survive more than them.
Then what's your point? The comment wasn't directed at you, it was at the whinners who are calling India mediocre and that the reason India lost was because they played badly.

BTW, the notion that India was so superior to Pakistan has gone down the toilet. It's only paper. Maybe in ODIs the better side can lose, but in a Test series, when you are overall outplayed... it means you are not so superior.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Duncan said:
BTW, the notion that India was so superior to Pakistan has gone down the toilet. It's only paper. Maybe in ODIs the better side can lose, but in a Test series, when you are overall outplayed... it means you are not so superior.
Simplifying your rotund vocabulary, there is a simple word for this whole sentence-"mediocrity".

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Duncan said:
Guys,
agreed, which is the be all and end all of this matter imo, although india lost because of a combination of bad cricket from its players and good from pakistan, this defeat was partly self induced.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Duncan said:
:blink:
I'll ask if I need your English expertise. 8-)
I do not care whether you need my english expertise or not, but it would be good if you simplify your complicated vocab...chill

Sudeep

International Captain
Duncan said:
Then what's your point? The comment wasn't directed at you, it was at the whinners who are calling India mediocre and that the reason India lost was because they played badly.
I was arguing your point of India losing because of Pakistan's improved play. Whereas, the fact is we played poorly yesterday. I'm not saying we're mediocre, but yes, we did play miserably yesterday.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When the team batting first scores 570, history dictates that they are odds-on to win or at least draw.

From that moment on Pakistan were in the ascendancy and played the more aggressive cricket.

By the time came for India's second innings, they were almost completely in their shell and ripe for the picking. However, having said that, Pakistan still had to bowl reasonably to force the issue, no matter how many men they were allowed around the bat.

Not giving Afridi, etc due credit is to ignore reality.

Deja moo

International Captain
Like I alluded to in the tour thread during the first day of the test itself, the Indian batsmen simply cannot bat on the last day. Its a fact. Get with it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Duncan said:
Guys,
Who is whining? And yes, India lost this match more than Pakistan won it and it is a fact.