• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will England Choke in 2006/07 Ashes And wats your best aussieXI

What will the score be in the 2006-07 Ashes series?

• 5-0 Aussies

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 3-2 poms

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 5-0 poms

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 4-1 aussies

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 3-2 Aussies

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 4-1 poms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drawn series

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
If that Australian line-up was the team, I'd most definitely go for a comfortable England victory. The bowling attack looks mediocre at best, and positively rubbish at worst. Australia have one absolute world-class match-winner of the highest order, and you've dropped him.

A couple of careless cricket balls left around the field of play before the toss to put paid to Glenn McGrath and Symonds is likely to be your most economical bowler.
I'm sure he's likely to beware of warm-up mechanisms this time... :ph34r:
Didn't his barber have more to blame than the selectors?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, why are you all getting so fired up? Clearly he doesn`t know much at all, so instead of taking it seriously, how about you have a laugh and do something constructive?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Barney Rubble said:
Final reason, Brett Lee has matured and is the best bowler in the world, is bowling quicker than ever. - Brett Lee's last 20 Tests: 83 wickets @ 34.45, with an economy rate of 3.77. That's actually worse than his career statistics overall.
Are you for serious? :p I`m assuming that includes the Ashes and whatnot. Against the Windies and South Africa he was absolutely brilliant. And while I`m aware this doesn`t make him the best bowler in the world, cut him some slack, because he can`t have done much more lately. He said he was going to bowl L@L and for the most part he has.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Are you for serious? :p I`m assuming that includes the Ashes and whatnot. Against the Windies and South Africa he was absolutely brilliant. And while I`m aware this doesn`t make him the best bowler in the world, cut him some slack, because he can`t have done much more lately. He said he was going to bowl L@L and for the most part he has.
Hey, I just StatsGuru'ed (weird verb) him, that's all. I've not seen him since the Ashes, not really qualified to pass judgement. :)

And as for taking this guy too seriously, sometimes it's necessary for ego massaging purposes to shoot someone down like that. :D

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depends if England have the same build up to the India series or not....
Basically could go either way for various reasons....

How can you claim England have no openers though? we've just found another one in Ali Cook....

RoyForPM

Cricket Spectator
???

England Can't win Ashes With This Blokes Career, don't tell me your going to Bring Him Down, I Want it to be a close Ashes:
v Australia 7 179 59 14.91 0 1 17 4/101 51.58 0 7 0
v Bangladesh 2 25 19 12.50 0 0 1 1/52 112.00 0 0 0
Its Ashley Giles, Bangladesh found him easy to play!!!!
Heres my favourite, you talk up Strauss and heres his last couple of digs.
1 - - - 3
- DNB 0 0 4
- DNB 1 0 1 L 1st Test v Pak in Pak 2005/06 at Multan [1770]
9 - - - 2
- DNB 0 0 3
23 - - - 4
- DNB 0 0 1 D 2nd Test v Pak in Pak 2005/06 at Faisalabad [1772]
12 - - - 2
- DNB 0 0 3
0 - - - 4
28 - - - 1 D 1st Test v Ind in Ind 2005/06 at Nagpur [1785]
- DNB 0 0 2
46 - - - 3
- DNB 3 0 4
Avg of about 20- almost better than me, and im a bowler
Keep arguing boys, England cant play away, How did they go against Pakistan Again?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
RoyForPM said:
England Can't win Ashes With This Blokes Career, don't tell me your going to Bring Him Down, I Want it to be a close Ashes:
v Australia 7 179 59 14.91 0 1 17 4/101 51.58 0 7 0
v Bangladesh 2 25 19 12.50 0 0 1 1/52 112.00 0 0 0
Its Ashley Giles, Bangladesh found him easy to play!!!!
Heres my favourite, you talk up Strauss and heres his last couple of digs.
1 - - - 3
- DNB 0 0 4
- DNB 1 0 1 L 1st Test v Pak in Pak 2005/06 at Multan [1770]
9 - - - 2
- DNB 0 0 3
23 - - - 4
- DNB 0 0 1 D 2nd Test v Pak in Pak 2005/06 at Faisalabad [1772]
12 - - - 2
- DNB 0 0 3
0 - - - 4
28 - - - 1 D 1st Test v Ind in Ind 2005/06 at Nagpur [1785]
- DNB 0 0 2
46 - - - 3
- DNB 3 0 4
Avg of about 20- almost better than me, and im a bowler
Keep arguing boys, England cant play away, How did they go against Pakistan Again?
Dear god, you're an idiot.

Strauss scored two hundreds vs your own team last summer. Now he's had four poor Tests (the same number Matthew Hayden did before laying down four centuries in consecutive Test, incidentally) and you're writing him off.

Giles dismissed all of the the Australian top eight at some point in last summer's Test series.

As for England's away performances, yes, they lost 2-0 in Pakistan. How did they do in South Africa or West Indies, then?

Oh, and by the way, only words at the beginning of a sentence and names take a capital letter.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
marc71178 said:
But still averaged over 30 vs SA...
1) 5/93 - He bowled supremely. Some great short stuff as well.
2) 1/83 - I thought he went too hard. Pretty unlucky in parts, but deliveries that sometimes may had got him wickets went unrewarded as South Africa went for the draw.

1) 3/92 - Some of the best Lee I`ve ever seen. He bowled some incredible L@L and his bouncer/yorker that did Kallis made me jump out of my seat in awe, even though everyone saw it coming. :D
2) 0/23 - He only bowled 11 overs, and they were all quality. South Africa couldn`t do much with them and tried to attack the other bowlers, which failed badly.

1) 3/82 - The best he bowled all series for mine. He got both openers and Pollock from memory and really troubled them.
2) 1/48 - Gibbs went after him and succeeded.

End Result: All bowlers averaged around 30 or higher. He took 13 wickets placing him third highest below Nel and Warne who took 14. Pretty good series for mine. :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
Haha, why are you all getting so fired up? Clearly he doesn`t know much at all, so instead of taking it seriously, how about you have a laugh and do something constructive?
I've been criticised in the past for not giving your average Aussie supporter enough credit for being objective or not knowing Yerasfrom Yerelbow (didn't he used to play for Leeds?), so this time I took the statement as gospel.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Barney Rubble said:
And as for taking this guy too seriously, sometimes it's necessary for ego massaging purposes to shoot someone down like that. :D
:laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
luckyeddie said:
I've been criticised in the past for not giving your average Aussie supporter enough credit for being objective or not knowing Yerasfrom Yerelbow (didn't he used to play for Leeds?), so this time I took the statement as gospel.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't?
Apologies if I`ve been contradictory in the past, but it was just pretty lame reading 10 posts in a row moaning about something we all know is crap. :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
I'm sure he's likely to beware of warm-up mechanisms this time... :ph34r:
Didn't his barber have more to blame than the selectors?
No, that was Gillespie.

His barber gave him one of those fashionable 'greasy gyppo' cuts and those nasty Barmy Army people gave the poor bloke a hard time, made him cry and basically stopped him performing. They wouldn't so much as buy a peg, let alone his 'lucky heather'. Then, to add insult to injury, after Gillespie had been wheeled off to the Bounce-a-Wee home for worn-out bowlers, they turned their foul attention on Shaun Tait - and for what stupid reason? Because he's crap.

How unfair is that?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
Apologies if I`ve been contradictory in the past, but it was just pretty lame reading 10 posts in a row moaning about something we all know is crap. :D
No apology necessary. What do you want - sheep jokes?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
L@L?
Against West Indies and South Africa he was slightly better than he had been previously, nothing more. Still, South Africa dealt with him without many problems about half the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:
No, that was Gillespie.

His barber gave him one of those fashionable 'greasy gyppo' cuts and those nasty Barmy Army people gave the poor bloke a hard time, made him cry and basically stopped him performing. They wouldn't so much as buy a peg, let alone his 'lucky heather'. Then, to add insult to injury, after Gillespie had been wheeled off to the Bounce-a-Wee home for worn-out bowlers, they turned their foul attention on Shaun Tait - and for what stupid reason? Because he's crap.

How unfair is that?
Yeah - you said "you've dropped your only match-winner".
I was referring to Gillespie, as he's the only match-winner Australia have dropped recently.