• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wicket partnership records - retired hurt

Molehill

International Captain
edit: only read the first 2 responses, see that Starfighter has already covered it. Fun fact: Starfighter is always right, if you're arguing with him, you're almost certainly wrong by default.
Can I report Starfighter for clearly having a double login? ?

I'd say no one has really been proven right or wrong in this case. Partnerships can either be between 2 batsmen or for a wicket and it would seem that even the most illustrious scorers in history never fully made their mind up on how to record it.

Having been a part of this thread from the start, and having done a fair bit of scoring in my time too, I've come to the conclusion that records should only be between 2 batsmen, but the recording of a wicket should include the runs scored by all batsmen involved (after all, no wicket had previously fallen).