• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why Murali does not throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Perhaps you'd like to speak to some who have done psychological torture?
And perhaps you'd like to speak to some who've suffered unimaginably at the hands of certain individuals, and would like to see them punished in the most effective way possible - without any abuse of human-rights?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Forcing people to relive over and over their misdemenours, forcing them to think of aught but, until they realise at last what they have done and how pure evil they are.
The fate I feel would be far, far more appropriate for Saddam Hussein than death.

John the Bookie

Cricket Spectator
I remember Mr Habib (an australian citizen who has been jailed for 2 years without trial for suspected terrorism) claim that he has been told when he was under detention that his family is dead and so he didn't write to his family for an entire year while his family had no idea what happen to him. If that's mental torture then I want nothing to do with it

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
John the Bookie said:
I remember Mr Habib (an australian citizen who has been jailed for 2 years without trial for suspected terrorism) claim that he has been told when he was under detention that his family is dead and so he didn't write to his family for an entire year while his family had no idea what happen to him. If that's mental torture then I want nothing to do with it
No trials, you might want to know, is something I'm never in favour of.
Someone has to obviously have convicted these crimes for the thing to be done.
Otherwise they can just be detained for public safety (the main point of prisons).

John the Bookie

Cricket Spectator
Richard said:
No trials, you might want to know, is something I'm never in favour of.
Someone has to obviously have convicted these crimes for the thing to be done.
Otherwise they can just be detained for public safety (the main point of prisons).
I agree that jailing without trial is unacceptable. Actually Habib now has been released and is suing the Australian government. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

The point I was making was that telling someone their family been killed when they're actually alive is unacceptable even if they have commited and been proven guilty of a crime. I believe that is mental torture.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I believe that if someone has deliberately killed 500 people and torn asunder maybe 100,000 families, plus struck terror into the hearts of countless, that it is perfectly appropriate.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Both Murali throwing and the ills of the American government have been done to death. This thread could not be more OT.

John the Bookie; Welcome to the forum, buddy. :) Please don't take this is a personal slight on you.

Belford: Again, what a surprise to see you back for the sole reason of abusing someone, Richard in particular. Try a bit harder to be a nice CW citizen, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.