• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is pakistani bowling the most innovative in modern times?

Kirkut

International Regular
Innovative? In the 90s I'd say yes but definitely not now. They were a breathe of fresh air in the 90s with late swing at fuller lengths compared to hit the deck bowling of Windies and Australians in the previous era.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Four ATG pacers in Imran, Wasim, Waqar and Asif.
Asif is not great. Had potential, but blew it.
Two very good spinners in Saqlain, Mushtaq and Yasir
2=3 now apparently. Mushtaq was a little worse than Lyon with much less staying power. There's also the Kaneria era to consider.
Aaqib Javed, Shoaib, Aamir, Razzaq all are decent
Little secret here: Aaqib was actually pretty crap in tests. Razzaq was worse.
Kaneria and Rehman had their moments.
You need a bit more than moments.
I'd say a healthy bowling pedigree. If Pakistani batsmen were bit supportive and fielding was not Meh then would have been a very strong bowling side for a long time.
Lol no it's not. I think one can mount an argument that Pakistan's batting has often, if not generally, been stronger than their bowling over the past twenty years.