• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why cricket is not popular?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genuinely impressed at how little effort you went to to explain any of this to him. It was like you went, "Well the thing is... ahh never mind, I can't be ****ed."
You covered it better than I would have anyway

LexLuthor

Cricket Spectator
National sport of Aus? Not even close. AFL might have something to say about that.

Quick search tells me that cricket is #4 in Aus behind AFL, Rugby league and Soccer. AFL is #1 by a long way.
Yo, wtf? You high or something? It's like everyone knows that AFL is the most popular Aussie sport but Cricket comes in along with NRL(or maybe its more popular.) Now, y'all will cry, "But mate, why is an American Indian talking about what Aussies like!!!" During my visit Down Under, I swear I saw almost 40000 watching a ****ing BBL match. BBL match!! Sometimes even IPL have failed to attract like 35000 crowds lmao(Its pretty huge, don't get me wrong. Come to Kolkata on a KKR matchday and the crowd really gets big.) It certainly is big in Australia. Like if AFL is Oprah, Cricket is Amy Adams( and I swear is she really popular in the US). Anyways, buddy don't mind my writing style. Just having fun with ya. Anyways have a nice day!

SillyCowCorner1

Yo, wtf? You high or something? It's like everyone knows that AFL is the most popular Aussie sport but Cricket comes in along with NRL(or maybe its more popular.) Now, y'all will cry, "But mate, why is an American Indian talking about what Aussies like!!!" During my visit Down Under, I swear I saw almost 40000 watching a ****ing BBL match. BBL match!! Sometimes even IPL have failed to attract like 35000 crowds lmao(Its pretty huge, don't get me wrong. Come to Kolkata on a KKR matchday and the crowd really gets big.) It certainly is big in Australia. Like if AFL is Oprah, Cricket is Amy Adams( and I swear is she really popular in the US). Anyways, buddy don't mind my writing style. Just having fun with ya. Anyways have a nice day!
Ok

TheJediBrah

Amy Adams is really popular a lot of places, like my laptop screen if you know what I mean

LexLuthor

Cricket Spectator
Amy Adams is really popular a lot of places, like my laptop screen if you know what I mean
The thing I really like about her is that she seems to be like a genuine and likeable person and is not a big fan of the spotlight, unlike Hollywood celebs. Oh, yeah also She prolly is the hottest Milf I have ever seen. She's like 45 or something and still look 5 to 7 years younger(i don't think she uses Botox or anything coz she has a decent amount of wrinkles on her face.) She, Jake Gyllenhaal and Christian Bale are the only celebs i actually like. Got a few friends down there in California and god is it a ****hole lmao. Good luck, Texas dealing with those Progressives!!!(BTW I am an actual liberal unlike some of those Brain dead dudes like the young turks.) Lol

LexLuthor

Cricket Spectator
Imagine if USA was an established test player? Cricket would be so much bigger.
I did see the 2019 World Cup final trend here for a couple of days. Not that any of friends knew what it was. Even Baseball seems to be on a downward trajectory in recent times. Back in 2011, when I used to live in Oklahoma, the MLB actually used to be big. Right now, I don't think so.

Daemon

The thing I really like about her is that she seems to be like a genuine and likeable person and is not a big fan of the spotlight, unlike Hollywood celebs. Oh, yeah also She prolly is the hottest Milf I have ever seen. She's like 45 or something and still look 5 to 7 years younger(i don't think she uses Botox or anything coz she has a decent amount of wrinkles on her face.) She, Jake Gyllenhaal and Christian Bale are the only celebs i actually like. Got a few friends down there in California and god is it a ****hole lmao. Good luck, Texas dealing with those Progressives!!!(BTW I am an actual liberal unlike some of those Brain dead dudes like the young turks.) Lol
@trundler

Aritro

International Regular
While we're here, this map of the population distribution of India that someone made on Reddit says something about cricket's popularity.

1631784334796.png

And I'm not sure if the point has been made on earlier pages, but the total surface area of Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka would cover a little over 40% of Europe. The fact that it comprises only five countries is a quirk of colonialism. If the area was divided by ethnic or language groups, you could easily have found a couple of dozen nations, comprising close to 2 billion people, in which cricket exists as the preeminent sport.

1631785491879.png

1631785379363.png

Last edited:

miscer

U19 Cricketer
Even in America I wouldn't say basketball is that big. It's certainly popular but its appeal seems to be concentrated to the black population - it's not niche amongst other races but it's not that big either.

China admittedly might be different - certainly most of the kids shooting hoops when I was at school were of Chinese descent - but I'm not sure if it's as massive there as cricket is in India.
That's outrageous basketball is huge across races in the US lol what?

Flem274*

123/5
I move that we split India up into states and make them play separately

meanwhile combine Aus and NZ in to a new super-team, called "Australia"

nah she's trash
this isn't very fair on the new indian nations. they can't even beat a team of 5 million without a raging turner, so from now on nz can be split into the north and south islands to give all the new nations a fighting chance. historically the australian states could handle the heat of internationals too (and probably still would overall).

right now i think both islands could do some serious damage despite all the northward migration of players here.

north island
south island
nsw
vic
queensland
tassie
south aus
west aus
chatham islands
christmas island

the new top ten of world cricket

sunilz

International Regular
this isn't very fair on the new indian nations. they can't even beat a team of 5 million without a raging turner, so from now on nz can be split into the north and south islands to give all the new nations a fighting chance. historically the australian states could handle the heat of internationals too (and probably still would overall).

right now i think both islands could do some serious damage despite all the northward migration of players here.

north island
south island
nsw
vic
queensland
tassie
south aus
west aus
chatham islands
christmas island

the new top ten of world cricket
We will comfortably beat you in Australia without any raging turner that too in a 4/5 test series not in a 2 test match series.

Flem274*

123/5
Why ? Because you will refuse to play more than 2 test ?
2 test series are absolutely always our choice, it is true. Nothing to do with other boards attitudes at all.

I'd love India here for 5 tests. We could finally get Kohli's average below 50 where it belongs.

sunilz

International Regular
2 test series are absolutely always our choice, it is true. Nothing to do with other boards attitudes at all.

I'd love India here for 5 tests. We could finally get Kohli's average below 50 where it belongs.
But Kane's average will also go below 50 if NZ plays more overseas against IND, SA, AUS .