• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will get the 16th NRL spot?

Who will be the 16th NRL team

• Gold Coast

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Central Coast

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Wellington

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
The NRL needs a new Free to air TV bad, once this happens it make the addition of more teams are more viable option to the currant ones.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the sooner league moves to channel 7 the better, i hav fox so i get to see all the games anyway, but there needs to be a friday live, saturday live and sunday delayed game at the very least on free to air, and with channel 7 not having any major sports except the olympics they should get the next licence

Simon

channel 9 are worse, at least league would have first choice coverage there.....

Simon

yeh too much AFL on nine, theres about 4 or 5 free to air AFL matches in the rugby league states, its a disgrace....

Craig

World Traveller
Personally I hope Dvid Gallop comes out and ends the speculation and announces it publicatly whether or Melbourne will still have a rugby league team. This way it will end the rumours of them re-locating and if they are confirmed they are staying, it should help getting more crowds and sponsors because at least they will know they have a team to get behind and won't have to worry about the rumours.

Personally if there is one team that should be relocated should be South Sydney to the CC, they have done squat since coming back.

Simon

Souths will not be going anywhere, if teams were to relocate i think the sharks should, they have strong links to Easts (i think) in the QLD cup, they could move to south east qld somewhere.
But i still think theres no future in melbourne what so ever, they won the comp in 1999 and the crowds didnt come, i dont know what else can possibly be done to get people through the gates....

Craig

World Traveller
Better marketing campaigin, and they should take a leaf out the Sydney Swans book in getting crowds to their games, and becoming friends with people like Eddie Maquire will probably help.

Thing is do you think the Gold Coast will get behind a New South Wales team fill of mainly NSW players, say Melbourne have quite a few Queenslanders in their team.

RE crowds, Souths hardly get big crowds either, so much for all this support to get them back in.

Andre

International Regular
Craig said:
Better marketing campaigin, and they should take a leaf out the Sydney Swans book in getting crowds to their games, and becoming friends with people like Eddie Maquire will probably help.

Thing is do you think the Gold Coast will get behind a New South Wales team fill of mainly NSW players, say Melbourne have quite a few Queenslanders in their team.

RE crowds, Souths hardly get big crowds either, so much for all this support to get them back in.
Souths don't get great crowds, but Melbourne still get the worst in the comp.

As for the GC, I highly doubt NSW would get behind it, nor would a lot of Queensland judging on past reference... Anyway, I think the GC and Central Coast might be lost to league now.

Simon

yeh souths fans **** me, 200,000 rally for them to come back into the comp and about 9,000 turn up for the matches, disgraceful IMO, but the nrl wont kick them out again or make the move, just wont happen.

I think GC will take to any team, weather thats their own or one thats relocated, the area is football starved and they need a team....

Craig

World Traveller
I do find it interesting that a South legend John Sattler would go out in the press and say that his beloved club should move to Gosford.

True that Melbourne don't get great crowds, as long as they are winning the NRL won't do anything. Annd besides should they leave, the ARU would be pushing to have a Super 12 team quicker then what it takes Deco to go to ground.

Andre

International Regular
Craig said:
I do find it interesting that a South legend John Sattler would go out in the press and say that his beloved club should move to Gosford.

True that Melbourne don't get great crowds, as long as they are winning the NRL won't do anything. Annd besides should they leave, the ARU would be pushing to have a Super 12 team quicker then what it takes Deco to go to ground.
I'll give you a hot tip - Melbourne will get a Super 14 franchise regardless, and it will be a telling success.

Simon

yeh they will get a union team for sure, and league has even less of a chance in melbourne, they should get out now while they still have something to show...

Craig

World Traveller
If the club is winning and is one of the most entertaining teams in the comp why should they go and are actually succesfull?

They have won more then what the Sharks, Warriors, North Queensland have done.

Andre

International Regular
Craig said:
If the club is winning and is one of the most entertaining teams in the comp why should they go and are actually succesfull?

They have won more then what the Sharks, Warriors, North Queensland have done.
How come they get the worst crowds in the NRL if they are so entertaining?

Craig

World Traveller
Like I say better marketing and promotion.

Tell me why are Souths in the comp? Poor crowds and keep losing and are always on the foot of the table and what makes you certain a Melbourne franchise would be a success in S14 considering they will only have 5 or 6 home games a year?

Simon

because melbourne have ebraced union in the past, and union isnt seen as a big of a threat to AFL as league is.
Melbourne people just dont like rugby league, its a fact they want it to fail, theres not much more we can do to make the sport work in victoria than already has been done....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
being a bears fan from waqy back i would love to see them back in the comp, but who knows.

Simon

i dont think the bears would be known as they were even if the CC coast get a side called the bears. it wouldnt be the same....