• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worst batsman in world cricket?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Tait did look horrible in England - his attempted stepping away to off at Trent Bridge was criminal, and very embarrassing given the way his stumps were comprehensively destroyed.

shaka

International Regular
Toss up between Martin and MacGill, but Macgill is more likely to do better in the bowling than Martin.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't see how anyone can look beyond Chris Martin, I think Tait's 2 foot wander to the off-side has to be the worst 'shot' in the last few years of international cricket tho.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There was a time when India had Venkatesh Prasad at 10 and RAju at 11. Nowadays, India don't produce the normal no.11s anymore, although Sourav tries his best to make up for it at times. ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
andyc said:
No way, the work Steve Waugh did with him has really paid off
sorry, but he still seems rather hopeless against spin of any kind. Although, I do agree he has improved against faster guys. I have never seen Martin bat and I have seen MacGill get a 40 odd.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If you've never see Martin bat, I can understand why you're thinking that. You need to see this man bat to believe it.

England's 9-10-11 of Mullally-Giddins-Tufnell against the Kiwis in 99 takes some beating!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
If you've never see Martin bat, I can understand why you're thinking that. You need to see this man bat to believe it.

England's 9-10-11 of Mullally-Giddins-Tufnell against the Kiwis in 99 takes some beating!
Didn't we also field Mullally-Tufnell-Malcolm a couple of times? That might actually be worse...... :-O

open365

International Vice-Captain
I'm going with Tino Best just because he succumbed to Flintoffs 'mind the windows,Tino' sledge.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Didn't we also field Mullally-Tufnell-Malcolm a couple of times? That might actually be worse...... :-O
No. Mullally and Malcolm never played together

greg

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:

Caddick-Mullaly-Giddins-Tufnell! :D

With Irani at no7 for good measure.

Chubb

International Regular
Because it was New Zealand. And the british cricket press always assume New Zealand are rubbish, despite the fact we had a world-class allrounder, a more-than-useful attack, the best non-subcontinental finger spinner in the world, a brilliant, intuitive captain and a strong top order. Three of those things England lacked, and the captain, well, Nasser was sold down the river in that series.

Worst batsman by the way- Pommie Mbangwa when he was around (sub-Martin, if that's possible), now, probably Tait. Gideon Haigh said that Trent Bridge ought to be called "Taits Match" because he lost it for Australia with that shot and his second-innings bowling.

Last edited:

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
Im gonna forget well known cricketers and say me, I could only score 1 run in seven games in 10D grade in the Wellington schools competition at the start of the year.

Deja moo

International Captain
Never seen Martin bat. I'll have to go with Ashish Nehra, ironically the man responsible for Indias only 10 wicket win in ODIs .