• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best pace bowler of all time?

Fiery

Banned
It's a sacrilage to say unequivocally that one person has the most X\Y "with a legal action". It's just stupid. If a bowler has played for an extended period, he has a legal action, no two ways about it. Those with illegal actions either get weeded-out, or they correct their actions.

To try to make a case for one player over another "because he has a legal action" is something that annoys me more than most things.

Especially when you base "being legal" on false ideals.
I'm old school Rich...you know that

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's just frustrating that you can't move with the times... virtually everyone accepts that the old everyone's-arm-was-100%-straight-except-those-nasty-cheaters ideals were false. You're not thick - I just don't get why you don't.

It frustrates me immensely that you talk about me embarrasing myself by saying Hussain > Hayden when you're saying this, which is far more so.

archie mac

International Coach
It's a sacrilage to say unequivocally that one person has the most X\Y "with a legal action". It's just stupid. If a bowler has played for an extended period, he has a legal action, no two ways about it. Those with illegal actions either get weeded-out, or they correct their actions.

To try to make a case for one player over another "because he has a legal action" is something that annoys me more than most things.

Especially when you base "being legal" on false ideals.
Because he has played for a long time than his action must be legal? In an ideal world maybe

Fiery

Banned
It's just frustrating that you can't move with the times... virtually everyone accepts that the old everyone's-arm-was-100%-straight-except-those-nasty-cheaters ideals were false. You're not thick - I just don't get why you don't.

It frustrates me immensely that you talk about me embarrasing myself by saying Hussain > Hayden when you're saying this, which is far more so.
Refer back to Athlai's previous post.

And :laugh: Hussain > Hayden still far more embarassing :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And :laugh: Hussain > Hayden still far more embarassing :p
Everything I stated in that case is right, though, even if not many will draw the conclusion from it that I will.

You have stated things in the illegal-action case that are... simply... wrong. :huh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Everything I stated in that case is right, though, even if not many will draw the conclusion from it that I will.

You have stated things in the illegal-action case that are... simply... wrong. :huh:
I think a lot of cricket web does understand where you are comming from in that argument, yet they are hard to compare, like a spinner and a pace man. They play different games and one is a lot more appealling to most, yet the other holds its own charm.