• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is favorite

Khan

Cricket Spectator
Who is the favorite to pick up cup? If Paksitan will give chance to young quikie Mohammad fiyyaz, who is much taller and faster than shoaib Akhter, they will be unrivaled...anyway whose everybodys favorite? and why?

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Who is the favorite to pick up cup? If Paksitan will give chance to young quikie Mohammad fiyyaz, who is much taller and faster than shoaib Akhter, they will be unrivaled...anyway whose everybodys favorite? and why?
I still think the Aussies will win even with the Waughs not being there. I'm not really sure why I think this but I think after dropping the Waughs, the Aussies will be out to prove they can win games without them.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Put australia as the fav.
Pak and SA can be second tier favs..coz they have the team to play well during the cup

India,eng and NZ and SL come as third tier favs or outsiders.

I will get a *** change operation if WI or ZImb or BAngladesh wins...

bigvince

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan and Aus are the favs to make the second phase in the WC . They have the bowlers and batmen to take on any attack and come out on top. The Aus are ahead of them in the fielding stakes and will make a difference.
India , England and Zim will be left to pick up the third place and go thru.. I'm hoping the Zimbos to upset the applecart...nice long odds to pick up some beer money.

In the other group SA and Lanka to top the table.

Pakistan to win the WC, with Akhtar being the kingpin ahead off the likes of Gilchrist, Klusner, Kallis.

Can you imagine India and/ or England not making the second phase... :D

oyesachinoye

Cricket Spectator
On current form,Talent, leadership quality and all round brilliance India is the sole contender!
Aus lacks allrounder while Warne/mcgrath are getting older,Pak lack decent openers,while NZ are overrated.

ONLY SA can give India a good fight, i rate them above INdia, but on home ground the pressure will kill the Proteas, therefore INdia re the sole favs!

henochschon

Cricket Spectator
Yeah man i agree, Ganguly led Indian team must be the sole fav...if allowed to take part in the junior World cup, i.e!

Hey Kiwi boy, don't talk about junior team coz even Indian under 21 can baet ur national team!

Won't say that they are the sole fav's, but after Aus if any team have a chnace then its INDIA!

NZ won't even make it to the SEMIS :D

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Hey Kiwi boy, don't talk about junior team coz even Indian under 21 can baet ur national team!

Won't say that they are the sole fav's, but after Aus if any team have a chnace then its INDIA!

NZ won't even make it to the SEMIS :D
I think New Zealand and India are outsiders but I think on the day NZ will be the one that makes it to the semis along with AUS, SA and PAK. I think Aus will win but on the day it is anyones game.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Tim,Eyes...

You can count on that bet. I am getting a *** change op and may be will become a lesbo.

But i doubt it..lol..Wi and zimb are not winning anything... :P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Stupid question, really.

Current Odds: World Cup 2003

Australia 2/1
South Africa 5/2
Pakistan 13/2
India 7/1
Sri Lanka 8/1
New Zealand 12/1
England 14/1
West Indies 18/1
Zimbabwe 100/1
Bangladesh 200/1
Kenya 500/1
Netherlands 500/1
Namibia 500/1
Canada 1000/1

Rich2001

International Captain
Everyone is talking about the WC although it's still 7 months away, so I think the question should be who will win the ICC comp next month in Sri Lanka?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
On current form,Talent, leadership quality and all round brilliance India is the sole contender!
Aus lacks allrounder
Sorry, but Australia have Shane Watson.

India play 7 batsmen and 4 bowlers, so where's the all rounder there then?

oyesachinoye

Cricket Spectator
"Sorry, but Australia have Shane Watson"

Do they??? i mean, he has yet to cement his place, already they are saying that all they need is an allrounder even when Watson is in the team!!
India do have Ajit, who is improving his batting!.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, he looked good, and I thoroughly enjoyed his batting, especially his ability to despatch the bad ball.

However, don't you think that you are going just a little bit overboard?

Can anyone explain Sehwag got out playing 3 inches inside a ball which neither swung nor moved off the seam?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can anyone explain Sehwag got out playing 3 inches inside a ball which neither swung nor moved off the seam?
Maybe having reached a hundred the Sachin way, he realised he was God and thought that the ball would rebound off the stumps. :D