• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is favorite

wahindiawah

Banned
[Well how else do you explain Agarkar? [/quote]

How do one Explain Ajit, the fact is that Ajit happens to have a very GOOOD record as far as onedayer is concerned.He happen to have the best st/rt among all the Indian bowlers!! He's a bit expensive BUT many others(Ntini/Hoggard) are more expensive.His performance with the bat wasn't good, though lately he had some good knocks with the bat too.

Also, he happen to have the record of the fastest 50 wkts in onedayers!!!
:D

wahindiawah

Banned
So good that he was left out today? [/quote]

LOL ! Yup buddy u do have a point,i mean just coz he didn't played in todays onedayer,he must be crap. I Would Like to point out that even legend like Kapil Dev was dropped from a match!Class Bowler like Waqar/Lee/Saqlain/Srinath & Kumble have been dropped on Various occasion.By ur Logic they must all be crap!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But surely if he's as good as you lot seem to think he is, he should play every game considering how weak the Indian seam attack is?

wahindiawah

Banned
The seam attack is a problem at test level not in onedayers.Khan & Ajit Have been doing pretty well in onedayers,Ajit especially have been very effective at the dearth overs.
However its good to provide Nehra some experiance,against a relatively weak side (zimb) one can experiment a bit.Besides,India's no1 pacer is still Srinath,and he isn't evan selected,but it doesn't mean that he isn't good!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
However its good to provide Nehra some experiance,against a relatively weak side (zimb) one can experiment a bit.
Judging by the proximity of the 2 scores I suggest that there is only one team that can afford to experiment with the line-up when playing other teams, the Aussies.

Playing a weaker line-up is extreme arrogance and really annoys me (Think League Cup and Manure reserves). Only the Aussies have the talent to back that up consistently.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Playing a weaker line-up is extreme arrogance and really annoys me (Think League Cup and Manure reserves). Only the Aussies have the talent to back that up consistently.
I dont think that playing a weaker line up is that bad, after all it provides a breather to ur top players, and perhaps lets the younger lot to thrive when the wolves aren't out there, But its certainly not advisable in India's case.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I suppose under a squad of 14 or so it can't be that weak a line up anyway, but I still don't agree with it. It is against the whole ethos of competition.

wahindiawah

Banned
[

Judging by the proximity of the 2 scores I suggest that there is only one team that can afford to experiment with the line-up when playing other teams, the Aussies.

Aus tried that against Kenya and the match was very Close!HOWEVER Aus experimented with 3 players, whereas India just went into the match with one change.The purpose is to give youngster as much experiance as possible

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Aus tried that against Kenya and the match was very Close!HOWEVER Aus experimented with 3 players, whereas India just went into the match with one change.The purpose is to give youngster as much experiance as possible
Yes wahindiawah, thats the basic idea and i agree with it, but the indian team is trying to gel itself up, they cant afford this right now. They must play the regulars as much as possible before the WC arrives.

wahindiawah

Banned
Yes wahindiawah, thats the basic idea and i agree with it, but the indian team is trying to gel itself up, they cant afford this right now. They must play the regulars as much as possible before the WC arrives.
[/quote]

Suppose in the WC One of the front line pacers break down(which often happens)then what? a totally inexperianced pacer say Yohannan would then lead to disaster.I think the rookies should be given chances in the matches b/f the WC

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well not speaking literally, injuries have no cure, once a top player breaks down, it will always be a second string filling the gap.

wahindiawah

Banned
Well not speaking literally, injuries have no cure, once a top player breaks down, it will always be a second string filling the gap.

No one is talking about Cure, but once ur top players break down it should atleast be replaced by someone who has played decent amount of International cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But there are times and places to experiment, and this Tournament is not one of them - the series between now and The World Cup are the right time to chop and change a bit.

wahindiawah

Banned
My point is that against a team like Zimb(which did well though) one can try out others too.Besides, India have a problem, they don't have much onedayers to play b/f the cup, too many tests matches but few onedayers :I

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There can never be too many Test matches!

I still think chopping and changing against Zimbabwe was a risky move. Besides, Agarkar himself might hae welcomed a bowl to try and regain some form.

wahindiawah

Banned
Indian Cricket Board have made a request to other cric board to cut down the Number of test matches and increase the number of onedayer to be played!.When the World cup is around the corner, one's priority changes!

What Agarkar would have welcomed is irrelevant, he's an individual and the team management is the one who should take the decisions!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cut down on Tests?

They are the only true way of deciding the best team in the World, and my view is that should not be cut down.

Surely if Agarkar is a key bowler, they should do what's going to benefit him and the team more. I would have thought that his confidence was pretty low following the England tour, especially after being overlooked for the new ball in the final match in favour of a part-time bowler!