• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you support? Ind/Pak

V Reddy

International Debutant
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Thats true, i did give my opinion on it too, but i reminded ppl the words of a neutral in Naseer Hussain.
Nasser Hussain is a British Indian and so if you count him as neutral then quite a few Indian members on this board are neutral too !!!!!!

vishnureddy said:
Nasser Hussain is a British Indian and so if you count him as neutral then quite a few Indian members on this board are neutral too !!!!!!
Thats rubbish, Naseer Hussain might have been born in India but he's 100 percent Englishman, he has said that in plain clear words.

Infact i would like to remind you that Naseer Hussain was very harsh on Indians living in England who were supporting India when India was playing against England in England.He clearly said that when you live in England, you should support only one side, and that is England!

V Reddy

International Debutant
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Thats rubbish, Naseer Hussain might have been born in India but he's 100 percent Englishman, he has said that in plain clear words.

Infact i would like to remind you that Naseer Hussain was very harsh on Indians living in England who were supporting India when India was playing against England in England.He clearly said that when you live in England, you should support only one side, and that is England!
Well he expressed my sentiments exactly. But he still would have a soft spot for India:P . Even though that comment might be correct but people will always use his Indian origins to negate that.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
ajaagarkarajaaja said:

Yes, but that is only because India were playing England, of course he prefers England over India. But he would sure have a spft spot for India.

Sehwag309

Banned
I, being an Indian obviously support India

My personal answer would be I support India when playing against Pak. And enjoy watching Pak when playing other countries (and vice-versa), I am sure other Indians feel feel the same here

Meg

Cricket Spectator
I like India batting wise with solid talent like Drawid, Laxman, tendulkar etc but for bowling I enjoy Pakistan... Shoiab Aktahr is terrifying :ph34r: But on the whole I prefer India yet it's more exciting to watch unpredictable Pakistan

Last edited:

rishi

Cricket Spectator
What is your problem guys. i do think that pakistan are a great team but face the facts india are better. look how they did in the world cup. look at sehwag, tendulkar and dravid they are all good players. lately the pakistanis have gone down india has gone up. india have done well and i hope india wins. also look how they did against the aussies. GO INDIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
India, mainly because Rahul Dravid is in the team, and he's one of my favourite players.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think it will be much more even this time. Warnie is better than ever and IMO Ricky Ponting is a better captain than Steve Waugh. Indian bowling is weak and I dont think they can get this aussie team out twice because this time Aussie batting is much better at playing spin (Hayden, Martyn, Ponting, Langer) and unlike 2001 we will have neutral umpires this time.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would probably choose Pakistan when they are at their best (about 1 game in every 20). Razzaq when he is hitting the ball cleanly is incredible (as we saw in the ODI at Wellington), and although I dislike the arrogant attitude of Shoaib, his lightning yorkers are spectacular.

Having said that, I also love seeing Sehwag and Tendulkar when they are scoring freely.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I like watching both, mainly because of the Leg spinners. But, since Mushtaq Ahmed either plays no more for Pakistan or just isn't selected, and India's batting is better, I go for Kumble and India