• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are the brightest young stars in Australian Cricket

chris.hinton

International Captain
Australia are the best team in world sport at the moment, but apart from Brett lee and Jason Gillespie the rest are 30+, surely this is worrying for the Australians.

So who is the Aussies best young talents

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hussey, Katich, Watson...as soon as one load goes another one comes along...when will the other countries be given a break?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
batsmen:
Michael Clarke
Simon Katich
Brad Haddin (wk)
Marcus North
Bowlers:
Stuart Clark
Nathan Hauritz
Nathan Bracken
A young leggie from Vic. White. dont know his first name though.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The best Young Prospect is NSW batsman Michael Clarke this guy will be an absolute star!!!

but like others have said Hussey, Katich, Watson, Hauritz, then there is the eve younger brigade, Cam White, Arron Bird and a few others never fear we are in good hands!!!!

Eclipse

International Debutant
chris.hinton you said apart from Brett Lee and Gillespie every one is over 30.

Not true Ricky Ponting is only 27

chris.hinton

International Captain
Originally posted by Eclipse
chris.hinton you said apart from Brett Lee and Gillespie every one is over 30.

Not true Ricky Ponting is only 27
of course, i am very sorry about that

V Reddy

International Debutant
I wonder why Bracken isn't even in the squad. He really troubled Sachin during the Ind-Aus one day series and he has an impressive record.:O

Eclipse

International Debutant
Originally posted by vishnureddy
I wonder why Bracken isn't even in the squad. He really troubled Sachin during the Ind-Aus one day series and he has an impressive record.:O
He got injured he will be back soon i am sure.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yes, bracken got injured, Cameron white was skipper of the U/19 side and is a good ARer

there are a few good young players in the QLD side as well

V Reddy

International Debutant
But i think White bowls too many bad balls. I have seen Highlights of U19 World cup matches and i got to see some of the last year pura cup matches. He bowls 4 good balls and 2 bad ones an over. Has he modelled his action on Warney . His action looks very similar to him.