• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which World Cup Exit was the most painful for India ?

Most Painful ODI WC Result for India

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In return you will be reminded of losing 4 consecutive Test series to IND , 3 of which you had a chance of winning.
Why do you think I'll keep reminding you? You ****s never shut up about it as it is. I'm prepared to bet it's on an endless fap-loop for the Indian cohort on here. Only Kapil Dev's 1983 epic against the might of Zimbabwe gets more of a rerun on these boards than the BG series.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

International Coach
Put it this way, Australians have no bragging rights against IND after losing 4 consecutive Test series.
You should be happy about your WC victory and should enjoy . But if you will try to tease IND fans about your WC victory, be prepared to be reminded of the Test series results.
Do you mean the test results that are like the WC? Where Australia lose the group stages, yet WIN when it counts.

AUSTRALIA: World Test Champions & World ODI Champions.

INDIA: jam champions.

Victor Ian

International Coach
So there you have it. Sunilz hitting the ball all over the park in the early stages. But when it comes to the end...he's not up to the fight. Where has this story played out before?

TheJediBrah

Why do you think I'll keep reminding you? You ****s never shut up about it as it is. I'm prepared to bet it's on an endless fap-loop for the Indian cohort on here. Only Kapil Dev's 1983 epic against the might of Zimbabwe gets more of a rerun on these boards than the BG series'.
Stop being racist. You're saying racist lies

Gob

International Coach
I watched both 03 and 2023

The most painful was the 2003 world cup final loss, dream run, ganguly, dravid, Kumble, Srinath, agarkar without a winners medal.

Trust me, the way India gave away the runs and needed an astronomical 359 was too hard to watch
They were never winning 03

Sunil1z

International Regular
They were never winning 03
That is not how it was perceived in IND.
Media built unnecessary hype by comparing with 83 finals that , if we can beat WI in 83 , we can beat Aus in 2003.
So it was heartbreaking for many fans .

Gob

International Coach
That is not how it was perceived in IND.
Media built unnecessary hype by comparing with 83 finals that , if we can beat WI in 83 , we can beat Aus in 2003.
So it was heartbreaking for many fans .
They got hammered by Australia in the group stage game too, unlike in 83

bagapath

International Captain
2003 final hurt a lot more. Ponting whipped us to submission.

This 2023 final was a truly humbling and, at the same time, a very inspiring affair.

It was humbling from a purely Indian point of view because no one could be singled out and blamed for this loss when the best team India had ever put together folded to an overwhelming force despite their very best efforts. It was a helpless situation.

Inspiring from an Australian point of view because this match was a stunning demonstration of what unadulterated commitment, drive and sincerity can do to a group of human beings focused on one goal; and how professionalism and single mindedness can lift a team to the very top of whatever they choose to do.

I decided to suppress all my nationalistic bias and aligned myself with the Aussies as a fellow human being sharing this planet; and admired them with kinship and respect.

Daemon

This 2023 final was a truly humbling and, at the same time, a very inspiring affair.

It was humbling from a purely Indian point of view because no one could be singled out and blamed for this loss when the best team India had ever put together folded to an overwhelming force despite their very best efforts. It was a helpless situation.

Inspiring from an Australian point of view because this match was a stunning demonstration of what unadulterated commitment, drive and sincerity can do to a group of human beings focused on one goal; and how professionalism and single mindedness can lift a team to the very top of whatever they choose to do.

I decided to suppress all my nationalistic bias and aligned myself with the Aussies as a fellow human being sharing this planet; and admired them with kinship and respect.
:sick:

howitzer

State Vice-Captain

Is this you promising to *redacted* all the guys in Adelaide now Australia have won?