• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Country Will Be The Next Test Nation?

Which Country Next?

• Scotland

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Ireland

Votes: 25 26.9%
  • Canada

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Kenya

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Bermuda

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Holland

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • USA

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • UAE

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
China, maybe. They have the population and the monetary resources to support a viable playing population. As I said earlier, I'd love to be there for the inagural test match in Beijing. WIth that said, not in the next two decades.

There are too many test nations already. Bang and Zim shouldn't be. And perhaps India and SL shouldn't be test nations when playing abroad either. :laugh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
There are too many test nations already. Bang and Zim shouldn't be. And perhaps India and SL shouldn't be test nations when playing abroad either. :laugh:
Since no one can beat Australia, I propose that there should only be one Test nation until someone can beat them over a series of four-day matches.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
Didn't they just draw a series with England in England though?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
China, maybe. They have the population and the monetary resources to support a viable playing population. As I said earlier, I'd love to be there for the inagural test match in Beijing. WIth that said, not in the next two decades.

Also, haven't India been good visitors for the past few years. Tieing Australia in Australia is no fluke!

Also, if India are not allowed to be Test nations when playing abroad, I suggest WI not be a Test nation at all ATM!

Kriketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Guys what do u guys think about Afghanistan cricket team? Recently they did pretty well against 2nd XI club teams in England.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Kriketer said:
Guys what do u guys think about Afghanistan cricket team? Recently they did pretty well against 2nd XI club teams in England.
They've defeated several teams they weren't expected to IIRC. They seem to have a somewhat talented team. Wonder if they could take out Zimbabwe?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
nightprowler10 said:
They've defeated several teams they weren't expected to IIRC. They seem to have a somewhat talented team. Wonder if they could take out Zimbabwe?

The Camp Fire Brownie's All Star Under 10's could take out Zimbabwe.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
what would happen when there's like 16 test teams? would the associates get a chance to play in the world cup? i mean you could expand the tournament with more teams but then it would be too long so with out expending the tournament how would associates have chance to go to the world cup

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Well if sometime in the future, there are competitive enough nations in the world that more teams deserve to compete in the WC, I wouldn't have a problem with just expanding the tournament.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
nightprowler10 said:
Well if sometime in the future, there are competitive enough nations in the world that more teams deserve to compete in the WC, I wouldn't have a problem with just expanding the tournament.
would take to long and you have to have a limit...soccer stoped at 32 teams world cup- about a month...cricket should at 16 teams- about 2 months(although they could lose to super 8 and just go into quaterfinals when there are good teams in every group to have a good 1st round) i would say that out of the 16 test teams the last 2 in the ODI ranking would have to qualify through the qualifiers...

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Looking at how it's going right now, I will say it looks Ireland more likely to be 1st before Kenya because Kenya doesn't seem to be doing good in first class sort of games but all might well change as things will take toll on the irish ametures while kenyans are like kind of professionals.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
why does it matter that nation is granted test status, any nation introduced to the game is going to get flogged, they'll be playing against nations with over 100 years of experince etc, i think the icc should just introduce a 2 teir system, with promotion/relegation 4 yearly.
teir One.
Aust.
Eng.
NZ.
RSA.
WI.
Pak.
Ind.
SL.
Teir Two.
Bang.
Zim.
Ken.?
Can.?
Ire.?
UAE?.
Availible.
Availible.

because one of the probs, of granting a team "test status" is you cant remove it from them if they dont live up to test quality expectations ie Zim, atleest with a system like this a team in the 2nd level has to do alot to achive first level status. and if a team like USA or China start to show interest you can introduce them to the 2nd teir first and thy can prove themselves anyt team for that matter.