• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which country has given highest number of World Cup '23 players?

kingkallis

International Coach
150 Players are playing in this world cup and South African by birth are playing for SA, Eng, Aus, NZ, Nederlands. Any other country missing?

FB_IMG_1698211334203.jpg

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I feel I should know this but who are the players born in England outside of the England squad?

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah true we have more than Conway because we supplied Netherlands with van Beek and O'Dowd.

Edit - Sodhi and Chapman.

Molehill

International Captain
I feel I should know this but who are the players born in England outside of the England squad?
I think it's just Inglis who replaces Stokes as the only member of the England squad born outside the UK (which slightly surprised me when I checked Malan).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think it's just Inglis who replaces Stokes as the only member of the England squad born outside the UK (which slightly surprised me when I checked Malan).
Ah yeah I was thinking Sam Curran too, but it’s Tom who was born overseas isn’t it.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a tough one. Is it a good thing if a lot of players in the WC were born in one's country or does it just show that a lot of people want to move away from there and live somewhere else

Molehill

International Captain
This is a tough one. Is it a good thing if a lot of players in the WC were born in one's country or does it just show that a lot of people want to move away from there and live somewhere else
If you take the Netherlands out, it evens up the numbers a lot, 5 from SA in their squad.

The interesting one is NZ, just 11 of their squad born in NZ with 3 from others (O'Dowd, Van Beek and Stokes) born there.

Unusual not to have any S African born players in an England squad.