• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which amongst these was the better ODI century in a group stage WC game ?

Pick the better Century

• Total voters

Sunil1z

International Regular
Pick the best group stage knock amongst these. All the players are from 4 semi-finalist.

Gob

International Coach
Great to see someone recognising Fleming's knock. Watched the whole innings live and he barely put a foot wrong. Never though NZ had a puncher's chance after SA made 300 plus first dig with Gibbs making a ton from memory

Sunil1z

International Regular
Great to see someone recognising Fleming's knock. Watched the whole innings live and he barely put a foot wrong. Never though NZ had a puncher's chance after SA made 300 plus first dig with Gibbs making a ton from memory
I also watched entire NZ innings. It was unbelievable knock against a very good attack.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Boucher dropped a sitter from Fleming early in the innings.

Gob

International Coach
Steve Waugh's hundred wasn't even in the group stage so it shouldn't get any votes.
It wasn't?

Pretty sure it was one of the last few group stage games and they had to win it to make the semis. Looking forward to see how the Mandela effect gets the better of me here

Unless we are talking about super six or some **** like that

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It wasn't?

Pretty sure it was one of the last few group stage games and they had to win it to make the semis. Looking forward to see how the Mandela effect gets the better of me here

Unless we are talking about super six or some **** like that
It was a super six game, yes

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit's hundred against SA in 2019 was even better
There were many, many way better group stage WC hundreds than these 4 but if we had to choose from these it's definitely Fleming's for me. It was a big chase against a good attack playing at home, rain affected game and effectively was what kept SA from progressing.

edit: well tbf it would be Waugh's but as mentioned that wasn't a group stage

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I believe Steve Waugh was also dropped in his innings. It's a shame noone remembers these things.
We could really do with a poster on CW who makes such mistakes from the fielders (or, you might say, a "first chance" for the batter) the primary focus of their posting on this esteemed forum.