• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where would Moeen Ali bat in your world XI?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the Grade Cricketer's take on Moeen's performance in this match probably sums it up best.

Burgey

HB just misses discussing TOTAB and extolling his virtues. And who can blame him?

TheJediBrah

When Shakib takes 7 for against the best side in the world then he can be compared to Border (as a bowler)

morgieb

When Shakib takes 7 for against the best side in the world then he can be compared to Border (as a bowler)
He took a 7-fer against New Zealand. I remember someone telling me they were the greatest side since sliced bread a couple of years back.

Burgey

If he was Australian you'd want him as the front line spinner. Which would be funny, but it's true.

#AnyonebutLyon

Daemon

Lyon isn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as the greats Border and Shakib

He's around Liam Dawson standard, maybe a bit better. Wouldn't make my uni side.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lyon isn't fit to be mentioned in the same breath as the greats Border and Shakib

He's around Liam Dawson standard, maybe a bit better. Wouldn't make my uni side.
At least you're implying that Border's as good a bowler as Shakib, maybe better since you put him first.

cnerd123

likes this
sliced bread was not a very good side
Sliced Bread XI:

Jack Cobs
Marcus Biscotti
Donald Breadman (*)
Tom Wheatley
Rye-an ten Doeschate
Grainy Sobers
Andy Flour (+)
Harbunjam Singh
Darren Dough
Javagal Srinaan
Simon Roll

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sliced Bread XI:

Jack Cobs
Marcus Biscotti
Donald Breadman (*)
Tom Wheatley
Rye-an ten Doeschate
Grainy Sobers
Andy Flour (+)
Harbunjam Singh
Darren Dough
Javagal Srinaan
Simon Roll
Definitely a side that could rise to the occasion. You've got the crusty openers and the bread and butter stroke makers in the middle...