• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where do you rank Shivnarine Chanderpaul in all-time best batsmen?

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
From the last 50 years if I made a list of top 40 test batsmen and divided them between different planes...

Richie Richardson, Michael Hussey, Aravind De Silva, Clive Lloyd, Graham Gooch, Mark Taylor and David Gower will be on the same plane. (7)

I would have Shivnaraine Chanderpaul, Mahela Jayawardene, Mohammad Yousuff, Michael Clarke, Martin Crowe, Hashim Amla, Gordon Greenidge, Geoff Boycott and Doug Walters on the plane above them. (9)

Which is plane below Kevin Pietersen, Steve Waugh, Inzamam Ul Haq, Younis Khan, Virender Sehwag, Matthew Hayden, Andy Flower, Joe Root, Graeme Smith and Virat Kohli, (10)

Which is one plane below Ricky Ponting, Rahul Dravid, Kumar Sangakara, Jacques Kallis, Javed Miandad, Adam Gilchrist, Allan Border and Kane Williamson (8)

Which is a plane below Sachin Tendulkar, Viv Richards, Brian Lara, Greg Chappell, Sunil Gavaskar and Steve Smith. (6)
Joe root and Kane Williamson are tiers better than Mike Hussey?

I like this list generally, but that doesn't make sense.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Joe root and Kane Williamson are tiers better than Mike Hussey?

I like this list generally, but that doesn't make sense.
Mine Hussey is the forgotten man of 21st century Test batting, and I rate him a lot.

But truthfully the answer is yes. Those two names have more impact. Root 2 tiers above, and Williamson about 1 tier over, for mine.