• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where Are the Legends?

Victor Ian

International Coach
Curiously, if the 'role model' culture never happened, who would have been likely candidates to have given Boonies record a try out?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah nothing wrong with Australia's bowling attacks over the last decade. Perhaps they could have used different tactics but the talent has been good enough. Collapsing every time the ball moves off the straight has been the problem.
It's not like Aus have even been that bad in England since 2005. They've been very competitive for the most part and generally won at least a few games every series. Much better than England touring Australia which has yielded a solitary series win surrounded by two 5-0's and 4-0.

bagapath

International Captain
in the last 36 years of my cricket watching experience...

Border
S Waugh
Warne
Gilchrist
McGrath
S Smith

all pretty good shouts for an all-time World XI

If you were to extend it to the history of australian test cricket history, keeping Bradman as the first pick, the next five should be...

Trumper
Miller
Benaud
Border/ Lillee
Warne

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd love to see Benaud honoured. Gun cricketer in his day and the greatest ambassador for the game in the days after his cricket career.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Keep the nominations coming - remember Bradman already has been honoured. I'll tally the results in a week or so and fire off a letter to Australia Post as a member of our local stamp club.

ataraxia

International Coach
Warne
Gilchrist
Miller
Lillee (not for his playing but his enormous effect on the game)
Benaud (commentator + captain + all-rounder)
McGrath