• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When will Channel 9 give us HD cricket?

King Pietersen

International Captain
I thought it was free except for the installation cost?
Nope, box is free if you're a new customer, but then you've gotta pay for installation and then £10 a month for the HD channels. Worth it AFAIC, love having the HD channels, can't stand watching sport in SD now, especially cricket.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Have had it in HD for a couple of seasons now. Haha at this thread ffs. Maybe you should be asking why they aren't selling the broadcast rights in HD.
That would have needed research. My point still stands, kind of, if you ignore most of what I said. Sort it out BSkyB.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not really. Bought a HD TV just before Christmas and have approx 70 HD channels but doesnt make that much difference. Better? Yeah. Much better? Nah. Worth paying extra for? I dont think so.
Yeah pretty much my exact thoughts on the matter, only substitute "(I) bought" for "my Dad bought" and "when our old one packed-up" for "for Christmas".

HD is, for the purposes of paying extra, completely pointless IMO.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah pretty much my exact thoughts on the matter, only substitute "(I) bought" for "my Dad bought" and "when our old one packed-up" for "for Christmas".

HD is, for the purposes of paying extra, completely pointless IMO.
That is ****ing heresy my friend. I can't believe you have written this.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wasn't responsible for the plugging-in \ wiring-up; I've only watched it at other people's houses. As I say, it's nice, and if it was a free extra which required only a bit of effort to rig-up I'd certainly do it. But pay another tenner a month? You're 'avin a laff.