• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will Cameron Green average with the bat when his Test career is over ?

What will Cam Green average in his Test Career

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still think he'll probably end up 40+ but be one of those guys who isn't properly appreciated until after he's finished, bit like Shane Watson

Gob

International Coach
35 to 40 seems fair. I don't think he is good enough to bat at 4 in test cricket at the moment so by the time he turns himself in to a decent number 4 in say 4 years, he'd have a lot of catching up to do average wise

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's still young and has underperformed with the bat, yet still averages nearly 35. Mostly played higher quality opposition too. It's a big call to predict he will finish averaging under 40, it would take something going very wrong

Molehill

International Captain
lol at 25 to 30 votes but why am I not surprised.
I mean I did it as a joke, it'll probably be in the 30's. But, he's barely averaging over 30 now. What's going to happen in 4 years time or so when there's no longer that bowling quartet to prevent scoreboard pressure?

Flem274*

123/5
I think he'll do very well with the bat once he warms into it but I can definitely see it coming at the expense of his bowling. Allrounders tend to give away pace bowling first and reduce it to something very manageable. It's ****ing hard and you end up getting picked as a batsman only because you're proven and you're sore and the skipper asks if you're all good for just a couple?

Highly likely Green is a genuine medium pacer who bowls 10 overs a day within 5 years imo.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
For Cam Greens batting, sure

For quality of your posts in Cricketweb.net, unfortunately no
It's an open poll where people can say how they think. Just because you think Green is great doesn't mean we all do

cnerd123

likes this
I think he'll do very well with the bat once he warms into it but I can definitely see it coming at the expense of his bowling. Allrounders tend to give away pace bowling first and reduce it to something very manageable. It's ****ing hard and you end up getting picked as a batsman only because you're proven and you're sore and the skipper asks if you're all good for just a couple?

Highly likely Green is a genuine medium pacer who bowls 10 overs a day within 5 years imo.
Jacques Kallis managed to keep it a decent click while scoring loads of runs

Molehill

International Captain
Kallis was a freak and shouldn't really be compared with.

Assuming Stokes can bowl again at some point, he'll likely end up with over 200 wickets at about 32 whilst averaging 36 ish with the bat. I'm not sure I can see Green taking 200 Test wickets, but the batting average should be achievable, especially if he keeps the coveted number 4 spot.

As the established bowling quartet retire, he may find himself bowling more overs though.