• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the maximum # of runs that can be scored off a legal delivery ?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
It wedged in a tree which was unclimbable - eventually they had to get a gun and shoot it down!

I think that might have lead to a charge of altering with the condition of the ball nowadays though.
How high was the tree?

Would have thought a ladder would have just done the job.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
If I'm not mistaken, the appealed for a lost ball, but because they could still se it, the umpire wouldn't give it to them.

shankar

International Debutant
C_C said:
Here's the scenario..... real tall grass...ball gets semi-lost and batsmen run 8-9 runs...fielding team is worse than quadruplegic war vet's union........they keep overthrowing without the ball crossing the boundary. batsmen keep running.
Theoretically, infitinte runs
:D
But there's only a finite time to run it in. So only finite runs :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Chubb said:
last weekend an Upottery I batsman scored seven off a delivery at Culmstock. The sequence of events was as follows

1. Willow Drew pushes into the offside for a single and calls one
2. Graham Pidgeon reacts late to the call and the Culmstock player shies at the stumps
3. The ball misses and no-one is backing up so they run one overthrow
4. The return throw off that also misses the target and isn't backed up so they run another
5. The throw goes to the bowler, who is apopletic with rage and throws the ball into the ground in disgust, only for it to bounce violently and run away to the boundary for four.

The Devon Cricket League confirms this is legal, as the umpire hadn't called "dead ball" when the bowler finally got hold of it.
Classic schoolboy/girl cricket - such fun to watch! :D

King_Ponting

International Regular
Yeh i had a situation where 7 were scored off one ball. Leg glance goes fine doesnt reach the boundary batsman runs 3, fine leg gets the ball and throws it over the keeper and it goes for 4 over throws. 7 runs off the ball

Chubb

International Regular
Barney Rubble said:
Classic schoolboy/girl cricket - such fun to watch! :D
That was a men's team game, in E Division East of the Devon League. Culmstock are a complete shambles ATM, their 1st XI consisted of eight over 15s and two U11s, and they couldn't field their IIs side, known as the worst in the entire league. I didn't see this game but I heard about it inthe pub afterwards and it was reported as a curiosity in the local paper.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
It wedged in a tree which was unclimbable - eventually they had to get a gun and shoot it down!

I think that might have lead to a charge of altering with the condition of the ball nowadays though.
Not to mention the stuff about illegal firearms.
Terrifying thought that, guns at cricket - in England.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Chubb said:
That was a men's team game, in E Division East of the Devon League. Culmstock are a complete shambles ATM, their 1st XI consisted of eight over 15s and two U11s, and they couldn't field their IIs side, known as the worst in the entire league. I didn't see this game but I heard about it inthe pub afterwards and it was reported as a curiosity in the local paper.
I had this vision of the bowler being a stroppy little eight-year-old who's never played the game before, and finds it significantly harder than he expected.........well in some ways it's funnier that it was a men's game.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
lol id say infinite
we had a nice one 2 weeks ago....guy wacked the ball to the other side of cow corner...(big field) they ran 3....fielder managed to kick it but straight so no boundry..they ran another 2. so 5 runs pretty funny :)
and yesterday we had a lol one too...Bowler bowled wide(fking dutch youth cricket 2 runs) keeper couldnt reach it...we ran 2..overthrow..another 1 :) 5 extra's :D
myself smacked a noball(fking dutch youth cricket 2 runs) for 6...8 runs of the ball :P

Chubb

International Regular
Barney Rubble said:
I had this vision of the bowler being a stroppy little eight-year-old who's never played the game before, and finds it significantly harder than he expected.........well in some ways it's funnier that it was a men's game.
That's Culmstock for you