• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is Clown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
They say that Clown Symonds was born to West Indian parents, but he doesn't really look it. I don't know what he looks like, to be quite honest, other than a clown. Is he black, or part Indian, or part white, or all of the above, or what?

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
I actually think that his ancestors might be pirates. I can recall hearing a sea shanty that included an introduction of a "filthy, heavy, bleared scarecrow of a pirate". That description strikes me as fitting Symonds perfectly. He really does look like a scarecrow - of the clown sort. And since pirates frequented the West Indies back in the day, the theory is perfectly reasonable.

Whatever the case, he's not English. He left England when he was two, and his parents weren't even from there. Furthermore, his nationality is beside the point.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
ClownSymonds said:
I actually think that his ancestors might be pirates. I can recall hearing a sea shanty that included an introduction of a "filthy, heavy, bleared scarecrow of a pirate". That description strikes me as fitting Symonds perfectly. He really does look like a scarecrow - of the clown sort. And since pirates frequented the West Indies back in the day, the theory is perfectly reasonable.

Whatever the case, he's not English. He left England when he was two, and his parents weren't even from there. Furthermore, his nationality is beside the point.
Yarr, I heartily concur that ye treacherous swab be descended from pirates, or at best footpads, shiver me timbers. The way ye clown-faced bilge-rat did desert ye landlubbers of Birmingham when he were but two years old and t'sun setting over t'mizzen mast for a life in ye penal colony does fill me heart wi' joy an' rum. Aharr, it'll be a cold day in hell afore we see his likes roun' these shores agin, Jim lad.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ClownSymonds said:
They say that Clown Symonds was born to West Indian parents, but he doesn't really look it. I don't know what he looks like, to be quite honest, other than a clown. Is he black, or part Indian, or part white, or all of the above, or what?
You've not seen many West Indians, have you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.