• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What has more value? Home/away performances or good team/minnow performances

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Or are they equal?

Player X comes from hard bouncy Australia and kills minnow Bangladesh, but does it in on a tour to spin friendly Bangladesh

Player Y is from England and kills a touring ATG filled Australian bowling attack, but has the benefit of doing it in his home conditions

What are you more impressed by?

mr_mister

In terms of degree of difficulty, I'm realising Kusal Pereras famous last wicket ton has more cred than Lara and Stokes performance, as it was both done away from home and against a top tier SA bowling attack where as Stokes and Lara were in familiar conditions

In terms of match situation they were all similar of course

mr_mister

An extreme example I guess. I went for it coz I remember Aussie batsmen struggling to score there in 2017, but we still tied the series I guess

Maybe I should have used better examples, but it seems Home and away means less than quality of opposition. Which is interesting

sunilz

International Regular
An extreme example I guess. I went for it coz I remember Aussie batsmen struggling to score there in 2017, but we still tied the series I guess

Maybe I should have used better examples, but it seems Home and away means less than quality of opposition. Which is interesting
Basically you are asking who is better Test batsman: 1.Warner or Martyn
2. Sehwag or Dravid.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Depends on the era. Record vs Bangladesh/ Australia 2005 is a far wider gulf than Bangladesh/Australia 2018

Heboric

International Debutant
Depends where your side is at, take my side for instance, one will take any kind of win :laugh:. If things were more settled I would take away series victories against anyone barring absolute minnows