• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

what are former players up to these days?

Mard

Banned
lets start a thread where we discuss about former players who are no longer on the cricket scene

I will start: what is Richie Richardson up to these days?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
lets start a thread where we discuss about former players who are no longer on the cricket scene

I will start: what is Richie Richardson up to these days?
I heard Richie Richardson was in a band with a few old Windies greats

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Most of the indian former cricketrs are associated with TV News Channels.Most of the indian News TV channels are more "Cricket Channels" than News channels, so they would be getting good money there.
And now after the arrival of leagues like ICL & IPL ,everyone has got some job.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very interesting read that. Must say I'd thought Croft was fairly well respected, or at least accepted, in teh Carib.

Wasn't he also a commercial pilot for a time?

Matt79

Global Moderator
MacGill is ****ing gin.

Ambrose and Richie were hilariois in an Aussie goes Calypo - Curtley looked so awkward playing base, and had grown a mullet!! They were playing a gig for an Aussie tour group, looked a triffle sad actually, would have been disillusioned more than anything to meet a personal hero like Curtley in that circumstance. Wouldn't have said anyithng beucase the bastard is still scary, but I love the dude and it had a sad vibe ot it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
MacGill is <filter-avoidance> gin.
I think you probably mean red wine rather than gin. And I also think swearing while posting drunk is a bad idea as you've a decent chance of inadvertently avoiding the filter, which as we all know is a big :nono:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Very interesting read that. Must say I'd thought Croft was fairly well respected, or at least accepted, in teh Carib.

Wasn't he also a commercial pilot for a time?
Think so yeah.

As for his widespread respect or otherwise, dunno about at large, but know Camps has never had much time for him.