• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well done on making www.cricketweb.net the 1,155,501st Most Popular Site on the Net!

James

Cricket Web Owner
COOL :) Thanks for noticing that scorpio :)

It should increase even more hopefully when the cricket season starts along with the new design :)

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Neil: I guess that it is clear tht half the indian fans are loonies making a bad name for the other sensible half.

But for this website to take off it clearly has to win over indian and subcontinent fans. Coz thats where the crowd is..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
In which case it should be fair, courteous, non-patronising, opinionated, informative, controversial, alive and kicking bottom.

Think we've got a chance?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Wow, we're really going places now..

= 668,031 places gained in a very short time period!

Rich2001

International Captain
Wow, we're really going places now..

= 668,031 places gained in a very short time period!
Cricketgames.com are currently 184,189... They should be the next target.

Followed by the big target

Cricinfo currently are 1,250.... Come on all only another 486,220 to go :D

[Edited on 8/29/02 by Rich2001]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Other Cricket Sites

CricketWorld.com 212,741
CricketUnlimited.com 3,467,223
Cricket365.com 39,367
ClickCricket.com 521,512
CricInfo.com 1,250
CricketView.com N/A
CricketNext.com 20,088
CricMania.com 241,974
CricLive.com 47,874
Lords.org 225,922

Getting there...

It says that we only have 5 links from other sites. Maybe if that got hiked, then we'd do better?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for that Neil - very interesting :)

I'm sure the improvement with the new design and content will increase visitor numbers along with a brand new forum :)

It says that we only have 5 links from other sites. Maybe if that got hiked, then we'd do better?
Good point Neil, we'll address that when the new design goes live. Keep it in mind ;)

What everyone should remember as well with these rankings is that Cricket Web hasn't even been running for a year yet! Those other sites have been running for years!

[Edited on 8/29/02 by James]

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I must say GB deserves a lot of credit for this with his PBEM exploding far more than I bet even he thought it would.

But the staff deserve the main praise :D 8D :D