• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unfortunately, I have a bowling match next weekend otherwise I would have come along.

Best wishes (and fine weather) for the day.

Lloyd

Caistor Town Cricket Club Moderator
Oh no, Neil won't be allowed anywhere near a Cricket ball for the duration of the day. He is scoring. Am on holiday, else we'd've both been doing it.
These times are the only chances Neil gets of 'scoring' more than 10 in his career, so thats gotta be worth seeing.. :D :saint: :D

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
LOL - So where's the rest of your club members, or has Neil paid them to stay away to save on the abuse he gets :saint: :D

Rich2001

International Captain
Lloyd said:
Yeah, next Sunday, at Caistor Cricket Club. Notts are fielding a strong side, it'll be Twenty20 format, only with a lot more runs i would imagine. The action starts at 2.30, bar open all day, etc etc.. Anyone who lives vaguely nearby ought to come down and support Wayne Noon's Testimonial year, entry is by programme, which costs £2.50.
The game should feature Notts' overseas players, Daniel Vettori and Chris Cairns.

*End of shameless plug* :P :P

Seriously, though, anyone who fancies coming down ought to, it'll be a real good day, and you'll get to meet Neil!!

Hmm, i really didn't sell that at all well.. :D
Well as tempting as the offer is of a drive to the other end of the country, I shall be taking residence at the beer tent at Canterbury, when Kent take on Lashing X1 - Also in a 20/20 match - Lets see who scores more, Kent or Notts :lol:

PY

International Coach
Lloyd said:
bar open all day
Now you're talking :D

Don't know whether computers have reached the dark and smoke-filled room(s) of Caistor Town Cricket Club pavilion. ;)

Lloyd

None in the Pavilion, however we do have one in the new electronic scorebox!! We really are catching up, it does batsmens scores and everything.

And as for Rich, i can't believe you've opted for Lashings v. Kent over Caistor v. Notts. Pah, what good players are gonna be on show at the Lashings v. Kent game, its just a crappy village side versus a crappy county side :P :rolleyes: :P

Lloyd

Up until then I was having a good laugh!!!!!
Hehe, sorry mate, just joking. :) Think Lashings v. Kent will be a really good match. But i trust you are in the beer tent to partake in non-alcoholic beverages? :rolleyes:
Smith batted bloody well today.. Key did not. Strange that..

Neil, I got in the 3rd XI on Sat., and im only 14! Get in!
Neil, i got in the 2nd XI on Sat, and i'm only 17, and i'm pretty awful! :D :D :rolleyes: :D :D

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
You haven't mentioned how many balls you faced, and how many runs you got...
Sorry Neil, you failed to mention how many balls you've faced this season and how many runs you've got.........;) :P

Rich2001

International Captain
Lloyd said:
Hehe, sorry mate, just joking. :) Think Lashings v. Kent will be a really good match. But i trust you are in the beer tent to partake in non-alcoholic beverages? :rolleyes:
Smith batted bloody well today.. Key did not. Strange that..
Hehe and it was taken so :)

Of course I will only drink that Coke stuff :saint: :cool2:

As for Ed Smith, I think the guy is on some sort of mission.. It's great to see him doing so well, his always around the 1,000 run mark each season this season he could break the 2,000 mark if he keeps going like this (he has hit almost 1,000 runs alone in the past month)

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich2001 said:
Of course I will only drink that Coke stuff :saint: :cool2:

As long as you only drink it :alien8:

As for Ed Smith, I think the guy is on some sort of mission.. It's great to see him doing so well, his always around the 1,000 run mark each season this season he could break the 2,000 mark if he keeps going like this (he has hit almost 1,000 runs alone in the past month)
This year's David Fulton? Let's hope if he keeps this form up he gets a fair crack at Test Cricket. Anyone but that Key fella!!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:

This year's David Fulton? Let's hope if he keeps this form up he gets a fair crack at Test Cricket. Anyone but that Key fella!!! [/B]
I'd be interested to know how he's scoring the runs - is he playing with good technique or not, Rich?