• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
I used to post on 606 from about 2007 to 2010, then came to CW probably just before the BBC boards shut down, because they were rife with trolling at the time and CW seemed more genuine. Odd to think if I had stuck around from a couple of months longer I might've spent a decade on a completely different site
Ah, back in the day.

I remember there was one poster on the old 606 boards (a pom) who was pretty old (in his 90's then from memory) who hated anything and everything Australian with some devotion. In fact he seemed to hate the world in general simply because Australia existed on it. :laugh:

Got to say I got on well with him. Once you could get past his wind ups (he told me he used the forums to exercise his "high horse" that he named "hyperbole" lol) he was a nice old fella and very knowledgeable. Only person I have spoken to who watched Bradman play in person. In fact Bradman was the only thing ever to originate from Australia that he spoke well of.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I remember there was one poster on the old 606 boards (a pom) who was pretty old (in his 90's then from memory) who hated anything and everything Australian with some devotion. In fact he seemed to hate the world in general simply because Australia existed on it. :laugh:
We seem to have found @Burgey 's long lost English twin.

Arachibutyrophobic

Cricket Spectator
Hi
New on here. Used to be on the cricket 24/7 forum before it suddenly died. Been looking for a new one ever since so thought I would give this one a go. I'm a Notts fan. Went to Grace Road on Tuesday and have never been colder. Got given free tickets to the Hundred game at Trent Bridge yesterday so I gave it a go and have never been hotter!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Hi
New on here. Used to be on the cricket 24/7 forum before it suddenly died. Been looking for a new one ever since so thought I would give this one a go. I'm a Notts fan. Went to Grace Road on Tuesday and have never been colder. Got given free tickets to the Hundred game at Trent Bridge yesterday so I gave it a go and have never been hotter!
Welcome and sensational bit RE the weather.

I was tempted to put the heating on Sunday morning as it was 11 degrees up in Northumberland. Now sat in shorts as it's 23.

Got to love the UK summer :frusty:

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Hi
Welcome aboard.

There's a few of us ex 24/7 posters on here including Chin & Michelle.

No sign of Jock yet though. :laugh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hi
i will try to remember not to mention peanut butter in your presence

Arachibutyrophobic

Cricket Spectator
Or Pet - although as a Notts fan, @Arachibutyrophobic runs the risk of meeting him at TB.
I liked Pet most of the time.

But sometimes he started on about sheeple and Brexit and became hard work. I have almost certainly seen him at TB but I've no idea which one he is. Going well for Notts up at Welbeck at the moment. I'd love to see us play a home final but I think we are about 10 down to the hundred so it is unlikely.

G. S. Kohli

Eng announced their provisional wC team of 15, i can not see Brook in that team but i am sure ✍they will includes Brooks between Sep 5 - Sep 28th

Sep 28th most likely the deadline & after that you not allow to chop & Change team according to ICC rules regulation

England's provisional squad for the World Cup: Jos Buttler (captain), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes.

Gus Atkinson deserved his selection

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eng announced their provisional wC team of 15, i can not see Brook in that team but i am sure ✍they will includes Brooks between Sep 5 - Sep 28th

Sep 28th most likely the deadline & after that you not allow to chop & Change team according to ICC rules regulation

England's provisional squad for the World Cup: Jos Buttler (captain), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes.

Gus Atkinson deserved his selection
Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy the ride.

G. S. Kohli

While waiting for fresh CPL game where Imran tahir captain

I just watched most amazing innings from Bulky ( very, more than azam khan & Cornwall) mohd Shehzad Guy hit 103* out of teams 130/4 in 50/50 in asia cup 50/50 in 2018

Must be record for that many % of runs out of 130.

Last edited:

EArThLY_guy

Cricket Spectator
Hello, I am Earthly... Just Earthly... Not my real name but I am not enthusiastic about it so yeah ..
Cricket is the sport I have grew up with in India and after reaching this certain age at best i could from here on out play only at Division Level Cricket, i know i failed myself to one day tell on newspaper I was hooked with Cricket the day MS Dhoni "finishes of in style" .... But no worries I said myself and if anything I want Cricket to truly become a global sport by any means even if it means discussing on a website which i think wouldn't move a stone in the world...
At the very least I can leak my anger about the miss management in current World Cricket in a thread Future of Cricket if possible.... Thank you for having me and reading this worthless comment

Andyhere

State Vice-Captain
Hello I am in United States, supporting India. Learned cricket since childhood in India and played in school and gullys!
Just like everything in last 20 years, cricket has evolved.
I don't get chance to play cricket anymore (since it's not huge in US), but I do follow all teams and always want to watch every game India plays!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hello I am in United States, supporting India. Learned cricket since childhood in India and played in school and gullys!
Just like everything in last 20 years, cricket has evolved.
I don't get chance to play cricket anymore (since it's not huge in US), but I do follow all teams and always want to watch every game India plays!
Hi, welcome to the forum. A fellow poster from USA here.

Sorry to hear about you not playing cricket anymore. I know, with MLC in our backyards, it'll be interesting to see how it actually develops the game in USA.

They need to implement FC system sometime soon or it'll always be a mediocre sport compared to the other US sports.

Anyways, hope your team does well in the WC.