• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC Qualifier tonight

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Such a crap qualifying system that means Australia have no chance of qualifying, yeah?
Australia to get drawn in England's group in 5....4....3....
and beat us in 2....1....

Congratulations, Socceroos (do they still call them that? I'm stuck in a time warp in 1974).

One thing we really ought to be very concerned about though, is the fact that thousands of Australians will be heading for Germany in 2006, although it's open to conjecture just how many will stay in the country long enough to be able to see any football. Those German police don't mess about when it comes to the manacles.

You see, there are over 300 types of yummy bread baked in Germany, and the temptation just might be too much for some.

bread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bahahaha recoba and his "divine right" to make it. suck on that one uruguay!!!!

gawd, we're through. almost browned my pants after dukes missed though

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Lol Recoba - Uruguay have 'a devine right' to go through - will look funny if his team gets knocked out.
They can stick their divine rights where the sun dont shine :cool:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
It's called 'Parody'.

It was deliberately designed to take the Mickey out of Adamc who said "44 penalties in the game. What's that all about?', an obvious Americanism. The 'You Are Gay' reference is just throwing in the ubiquitous Simpsons reference, which is where I get all of my information about America, naturally.

Incidentally, I still get all of my information about the North East from watching old "When the booert comes in" reruns.
I'm sorry, that went way over my head. I've no idea what you're talking about, I was just asking why there were apparently 44 penalties. Apologies if I've made some soccer-related faux pas. (Btw, andyc is not Adamc).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hoggy31 said:
AUSSSIIIIEEE!!! UN-F*CKIN-BELIEVABLE! YOU LITTLE RIPPER

(and i support croatia :mellow:)
Same thing, isn't it?

(Croatia started to slide when the great Asimovic and Stimac packed up)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:

Congratulations, Socceroos (do they still call them that? I'm stuck in a time warp in 1974).

One thing we really ought to be very concerned about though, is the fact that thousands of Australians will be heading for Germany in 2006, although it's open to conjecture just how many will stay in the country long enough to be able to see any football. Those German police don't mess about when it comes to the manacles.

You see, there are over 300 types of yummy bread baked in Germany, and the temptation just might be too much for some.

bread
I think they've been rebranded the Footballroos in the last few weeks. Which just sounds stupid.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:

They've rechristened the sport to football, so surely it should be footballoos?

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue, mind...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
I'm sorry, that went way over my head. I've no idea what you're talking about, I was just asking why there were apparently 44 penalties. Apologies if I've made some soccer-related faux pas. (Btw, andyc is not Adamc).
I think the issue was that a "penalty" in soccer is an extremely rare event... there were in fact 0 in tonight's game, aside from the penalty shoot out. The word you'd be looking for would be foul or perhaps free kick.

Anyway, I doubt Eddie meant anything nasty by it.

On another note: WE'RE GOING TO THE ****ING WORLD CUP!!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Adamc said:
A penalty is one of those things you had at the end of the game, or a direct free kick from 12 yards given for a foul inside the penalty area.

There were possibly 44 free kicks in the game, but only 9 penalties.

Oh, just forget it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
They've rechristened the sport to football, so surely it should be footballoos?

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue, mind...
Nah they are still called by the general public as the socceroos, but offical they are the Australian National Team and don't have the nickname anymore. But who cares were through, maybe oneday Sri Lanka can get through. :D