• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WC Qualifier tonight

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Any thoughts from people on the big match between Australia and Uruguay for a place in the 2006 World Cup tonight in Sydney?
Personally I think it'll be heartache again for the Aussies, tipping a 2-1 victory but that won't be enough to get through... :blink:

archie mac

International Coach
I am no Soccer expert, but I was a bit worried about the speed of the Uruguay strikers. I think 1-1.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd like Australia to get through, but I just don't see it happening.

I'm far more interested in what's going on in Bahrain anyway (*cough* time-wasters *cough*).

supereddi08

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lot of aussies will be cheering for trinidad with the Dwight Yorke connection mate... doesn't sound like people are too confident of Australia's chances... ah well, you could be a kiwi like me... we got knocked out by the solomon islands...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
ah the goose-bumps are already starting to hit. We'll be thrown into a frenzy tomorrow if we qualify...

Reading all the news it's all so mixed, I get the impression that only the optimists are tipping aussies for a win and realists are being very cautious.

Thing is with soccer goals can come from anywhere at any time. you can have all the momentum, but if the other team makes a counter you're shot.

I hope the Aussies score early and when they do be watchful of the counter... I reckon Australia to score 1 early and Uruguay get one late making it 1-1. :(

Craig

World Traveller
Lol Recoba - Uruguay have 'a devine right' to go through - will look funny if his team gets knocked out.

I want Australia to go through just to shut up the arrogrance of the Uruguayan team.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
Lol Recoba - Uruguay have 'a devine right' to go through - will look funny if his team gets knocked out.

I want Australia to go through just to shut up the arrogrance of the Uruguayan team.
They've called up Sean? :O

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Uruguay to score at least one, and we won't score more than 2. We'll go out valiant losers :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
OMG we dropped Kewell and didn't pick Alosi, how does Guus think we are going to score 2-3 goals without a 2nd striker. :@

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
OMG we dropped Kewell and didn't pick Alosi, how does Guus think we are going to score 2-3 goals without a 2nd striker. :@
Have faith, because Guus is (supposedly) da man!