• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was WI ATG team overhyped?

Socerer 01

International Captain
It's not regression in general. I'm sure most would agree the standard overall is probably higher than it's ever been. But it's a changing in focus. Test batsmanship, handling a variety of conditions, survival and accumulation has regressed a bit whereas ball striking and variety of stroke play has improved massively.
i’ll agree on survival, thats what i meant with lack of concentration since most teams are prioritising scoring runs whenever possible and batsmen tend to play more loose shots as a side effect, this is also down to them realising its inevitable you’ll get a ball thats literally unplayable and them trying to maximise the runs they can get before that, isnt this what Head does? :laugh:

not sure on variety of conditions tbh when its more diverse than its ever been with more variations than ever. wobble seam alone renders the point moot, it used to be the reserve of a select few 20-30 years ago who couldnt always bowl quick but now its something that almost every pacer bowls with even Cummins doing it

Socerer 01

International Captain
That is also down to Teams not playing warm up games and Warm up pitches being completely different to actual pitches .
it does have an impact but i doubt its as important these days tbh, you could have a decent replication and practice with simulations and training itself these days due to advances in technology

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i’ll agree on survival, thats what i meant with lack of concentration since most teams are prioritising scoring runs whenever possible and batsmen tend to play more loose shots as a side effect, this is also down to them realising its inevitable you’ll get a ball thats literally unplayable and them trying to maximise the runs they can get before that, isnt this what Head does? :laugh:

not sure on variety of conditions tbh when its more diverse than its ever been with more variations than ever. wobble seam alone renders the point moot, it used to be the reserve of a select few 20-30 years ago who couldnt always bowl quick but now its something that almost every pacer bowls with even Cummins doing it
Head is a perfect example of what I'm talking about and he's a disgrace tbh. Makes me want to switch off a game whenever I see his fetus face on screen

Sunil1z

International Regular
Head is a perfect example of what I'm talking about and he's a disgrace tbh. Makes me want to switch off a game whenever I see his fetus face on screen
Guy is rated extremely highly in IND .

I read somewhere on Twitter on comparison between Head vs Kohli/Devilliers .
I think majority of Indian supporters were arguing in favour of Head because of his WC Final and WTC final knock

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is going to be like how India thinks George Bailey was a great player because of that one series

Sunil1z

International Regular
This is going to be like how India thinks George Bailey was a great player because of that one series
Unfortunately for us , WC Final is not one series. This is going to be a lifetime memory considering how well we played in the tournament before finals . The pain has become less in last 5 months , but it will be always there .

Socerer 01

International Captain
yeah this is probably the Brazil 1950 moment for a lot of Indian fans with the Aussie side being the Uruguay equivalent

except the players havent been treated like their 1950 counterparts of Brazil thankfully

Sunil1z

International Regular
yeah this is probably the Brazil 1950 moment for a lot of Indian fans with the Aussie side being the Uruguay equivalent

except the players havent been treated like their 1950 counterparts of Brazil thankfully
I consider it a minor miracle that nothing unfortunate happened in the stadium after finals . I was afraid there might be few rowdy elements who lose control and do some unwanted things.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I consider it a minor miracle that nothing unfortunate happened in the stadium after finals . I was afraid there might be few rowdy elements who lose control and do some unwanted things.
that was a weak crowd tbh, they didnt even cheer or encourage the team when we were being tied down by Cummins and Zampa in the middle overs, it was like a library. keep the same match in Chennai or Mumbai and the crowd would have been exceptional

Sunil1z

International Regular
that was a weak crowd tbh, they didnt even cheer or encourage the team when we were being tied down by Cummins and Zampa in the middle overs, it was like a library. keep the same match in Chennai or Mumbai and the crowd would have been exceptional
Not Chennai
They might have given standing Ovation to Australian team considering the jersey colour and thought it was CSK 😂

Socerer 01

International Captain
Not Chennai
They might have given standing Ovation to Australian team considering the jersey colour and thought it was CSK 😂
Chennai can be very partisan if they feel like it tbf despite the knowledgeable Chennai crowd meme, they’re the only ipl crowd ive seen that cheers for their team alone and barely the opponent, every other ipl crowd also tends to cheer for the opposition hitting them for six or taking wickets