• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was Phil Hughes one of the best offside players ever?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganguly being great on the offside is a bit of a myth, really. He looked aesthetically pleasing when he drove through the offside, but he'd also nick off very frequently.
This is a laughable take. I watched most matches throughout his career. He was a God of off side and very very weak on legside. He just had a single cow corner shot for six as the leg side shot. Otherwise, teams pack the offside field and bowl to his legs. He still makes space and plays the ball to the off.

Also, what Pews said.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a laughable take. I watched most matches throughout his career. He was a God of off side and very very weak on legside. He just had a single cow corner shot for six as the leg side shot. Otherwise, teams pack the offside field and bowl to his legs. He still makes space and plays the ball to the off.

Also, what Pews said.
I dunno man, he would get cramped when bowlers pitched it shorter too. His backfoot game even on the offside was limited when it bounced over navel height.