• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne's out

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
"Well, Richardson was weak last time he was here. Fleming only had the one good innings (although he has improved). I'd be surprised if Styris makes runs against Australia. Oram will finally get found out. No Chris Cairns will have a big imput, and McMillan actually did well when he was here last time. The only one I expect (alongside Fleming) to score consistent runs will be Astle, and that is if he can stay fit for the whole tour."

That was 3 & a half years ago!, you're automatically presuming things will just be the same? What if I say that McGrath will be just about as non-existent as he was last time despite his recent form?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tim said:
"Well, Richardson was weak last time he was here. Fleming only had the one good innings (although he has improved). I'd be surprised if Styris makes runs against Australia. Oram will finally get found out. No Chris Cairns will have a big imput, and McMillan actually did well when he was here last time. The only one I expect (alongside Fleming) to score consistent runs will be Astle, and that is if he can stay fit for the whole tour."

That was 3 & a half years ago!, you're automatically presuming things will just be the same? What if I say that McGrath will be just about as non-existent as he was last time despite his recent form?
You can't discount these players performances last time they were here. I did say that Fleming had improved, didn't I. Also, it should be noted that Styris wasn't here last time, so how can that be presuming he'll do the same, when he hasn't done anything in the first place? Same with Oram.

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Well who else would've been picked, White?
Unless they expected that Warne was indestructable then they obviously had some designs on White or Hauritz playing if they were needed. Maybe the selectors rate them higher than some of the members of this forum. I personally would have played White. He can bat and might be able to make up some of those extra runs he would concede.
I dont think it is going to matter in the end given the rain and forecasts, the test could turn into a lengthened limited overs match.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well, it was a choice between the 2 as spinner when Warne was ruled out - regardless of the series score.

Kent

State 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
You can't discount these players performances last time they were here. I did say that Fleming had improved, didn't I. Also, it should be noted that Styris wasn't here last time, so how can that be presuming he'll do the same, when he hasn't done anything in the first place? Same with Oram.
Richardson averaged about 30 in his first taste of the Australian attack, and judging by the way he handled Harmison and Flintoff I'd hope he can bump that up a notch. Missing out in Bangladesh will just confirm to him that he's still not very good at playing attractively, which should be a good mindset heading into Brisbane. Anything Sinclair does will be a bonus.

Styris loves a flat pitch, although the Aussies will already be smelling blood in the water about getting him forcing away from his body. McCullum could surprise a few Aussies - it's unlikely he'll be intimidated and he has the shots to succeed over there. Astle's main concern is this LB problem that isn't going away, and is something I'd expect McGrath and Gillespie to exploit.

tooextracool

International Coach
Kent said:
SMcCullum could surprise a few Aussies - it's unlikely he'll be intimidated and he has the shots to succeed over there.
from what ive seen off mccullum so far, i think he is a very fine young batsman. i wouldnt be surprised if he goes on to become one of the better batsmen in the world in the future.