• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne out of the World Cup!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
He's injured (dislocataed his shoulder) ans as such is out for atleast 6 weeks, but since he had an operation on the same shoulder previosly, its likly that he won't recover in time to be fit for the WC!!

The World cups looks to be wide open now!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hardly, Australia have McGill in reserve...and also their batting is seriously strong.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
This Info is not 100% GARUANTEED.....

Tests in the next few days will reveal how bad it really is...

Choora

State Regular
McGill isn't Warne and in oneday is expensive.

But he isn't out of WC yet, he is still suppose to see a Doc, wasn't he??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh...and McGrath...who (and totally off the subject here) has figures of 14-1-67-0 in the VB Series so far...he's even bowled less overs than Darren Lehmann :O

Choora

State Regular
I think if Warne gets out of the WC, then England would be benefitted most.How well has McGill done against England?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL MacGill i think has a better record against England....

As much as it pains me to say it...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Choora

I think if Warne gets out of the WC, then England would be benefitted most.How well has McGill done against England?
Almost as well as Warne...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Choora

McGill isn't Warne and in oneday is expensive.
Yes but McGill isn't a half bad replacement. Just because one of their players becomes injured and might miss the World Cup doesn't mean the team will suddenly become seriously weaker! Warne is not as vital to Australia as Murali is to Sri Lanka...now that is an almost one man team...

Choora

State Regular
Good point, Aus are not like SL who are much dependent on Murali.With McGrath,Jason and Lee, they still have match winning bowler!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
personally i would like to see selectors pick the younger and possibly more economic haurtiz (a nicer guy too)

Kimbo

International Debutant
Aussie have plenty of depth and talent. They dont need Warne to win the world cup- not that i am saying they will win. Haven't seen them lay against decent opposition for a while...

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
I never said that Aus aren't now the fav, but when one lose a match winning bowler like Warne, one does get a bit weakened

I think Aus had/has three match winning bowler in Mcgrath/Jason and Warne. I do think they are going to miss him, though they can still win the cup

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by SRTgrSDB

I never said that Aus aren't now the fav, but when one lose a match winning bowler like Warne, one does get a bit weakened

I think Aus had/has three match winning bowler in Mcgrath/Jason and Warne. I do think they are going to miss him, though they can still win the cup
Oh...not India this time? ;):lol:

SRTgrSDB

Cricket Spectator
No, i'm not talking about India, nor do i think Indians would have been in trouble facing him.I think England and SA would certainly like to avoid him.

Status
Not open for further replies.