• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm-ups Thread

Molehill

International Captain
I thought I read Kane was out, or did I dream that
He's played the 2 warm ups and has retired in both after batting for about 50 balls. Seems like that's as much as he can be risked at the mo.

Meanwhile, Wood looked in great nick for England. Still no sign of Rashid though, I wonder if we'll go in with 4 seamers for NZ which would probably be Wood, Topley, Curran, Woakes plus Moeen and Livingstone.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
I thought I read Kane was out, or did I dream that
Yeah out of our game. Hence my surprise at him batting in both warmups.

But if he can't field then he can't play. He's retired hurt today anyway(unless just precautionary)

mackembhoy

International Debutant
He's played the 2 warm ups and has retired in both after batting for about 50 balls. Seems like that's as much as he can be risked at the mo.

Meanwhile, Wood looked in great nick for England. Still no sign of Rashid though, I wonder if we'll go in with 4 seamers for NZ which would probably be Wood, Topley, Curran, Woakes plus Moeen and Livingstone.
Wasn't aware he did the same the other day, saw he got 50 missed the retired part when glancing at scorecard.

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Different kettle of fish in the real stuff but NZ batting is cooking in the warmups. I may have been harsh tipping them to finish 6th. On paper they are a declined version of themselves and Asia isn't their best conditions but you can't rule them out in a tournament.

BeeGee

International Captain
Interesting ball from Klaasen. I don't think I've seen a spinner land a delivery half way to the boundary before.

thierry henry

International Coach
Batting was hard early here too. Pitch might have flattened out now but no way should NZ be doing this well. Pretty lacklustre effort by SA though tbf.

thierry henry

International Coach
Interesting ball from Klaasen. I don't think I've seen a spinner land a delivery half way to the boundary before.
He’s a medium pacer. Took me a few balls to realise that though.

Cricinfo says offspin but it’s been entirely seam up so far

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Batting was hard early here too. Pitch might have flattened out now but no way should NZ be doing this well. Pretty lacklustre effort by SA though tbf.
Hope SA perform like this next week, they are there for the taking if Sri Lanka can put up a decent score.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I’d not exactly call this flat pitch. Think spinners will have a role in this pitch but England have tried none

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Latham is modest against pace, but where does he rank in the history of New Zealand players against spin? Must be top ten minimum.

Molehill

International Captain

Scrub that theory, Rashid having a bowl and gets a wicket with a googly which kept low (first 3 balls very rusty).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So on a serious note, all this rain isn't a sign of things to come as it? Appreciate that India is vast so will have multiple climates