• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqar vs Bumrah

Better Test bowler?

• Total voters

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I'll still say Waqar Younis for now, he was an absolute phenomenon when he was a youngster, the greatest U23 bowler of all time in my opinion .

Silver Silva

International Debutant
I'll still say Waqar Younis for now, he was an absolute phenomenon when he was a youngster, the greatest U23 bowler of all time in my opinion .
Yeah but Bumrah won a series for India in Australia..None of the great Asian pacers can say that , plus his away record in general is elite and now he's showing even more flames on spin friendly tracks at home.

ma1978

International 12th Man
His away record has enough volume to be judged against Imran and the Ws and he stacks up pretty damn well

subshakerz

International Coach
His away record has enough volume to be judged against Imran and the Ws and he stacks up pretty damn well
His only challenge at the moment is longevity, and getting tenfers which he inevitably will. He has passed almost every other test.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yeah but Bumrah won a series for India in Australia..None of the great Asian pacers can say that , plus his away record in general is elite and now he's showing even more flames on spin friendly tracks at home.
Sure, but he could break down with back issues tomorrow and like Bishop and Waqar have a much less productive second career half which spoils his record.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
His only challenge at the moment is longevity, and getting tenfers which he inevitably will. He has passed almost every other test.
but not on this. Ten-fers is a result of several factors getting together like match conditions, quality of bowling attack etc. As long as he gets 8-fers and 9-fers consistently, that 1 or 2 tail end wickets to make it a 10 fer doesn't matter.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
but not on this. Ten-fers is a result of several factors getting together like match conditions, quality of bowling attack etc. As long as he gets 8-fers and 9-fers consistently, that 1 or 2 tail end wickets to make it a 10 fer doesn't matter.
Mukesh bc denied Bumrah a ten-fer with a meme tailend wicket.

subshakerz

International Coach
Yeah I disagree. Bumrah is an opening bowler. Getting a tenfer is a mark of destruction expected of any top tier ATG. Not the most important criteria though.