• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Virat Kohli vs Jacques Kallis

Who is the better test batsman?

• Total voters

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With some of the heavy lifting that Kallis had to endure, I'm going with him for now. Virat's current career status: active

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Can anyone explain how Kallis is leagues ahead of Kohli here?
Better peak, better longevity, better average, better overall record, better consistency, scored tons more often, scored 50’s way more often.

Kohli has a higher SR though so I understand the confusion. If you want someone who gets a lot of doubles and a lot of fails you can take him. Just keep an eye out so he doesn’t go missing for a few years.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Better peak, better longevity, better average, better overall record, better consistency, scored tons more often, scored 50’s way more often.

Kohli has a higher SR though so I understand the confusion. If you want someone who gets a lot of doubles and a lot of fails you can take him. Just keep an eye out so he doesn’t go missing for a few years.
Also played in a far easier era for batting

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man
Kohli is one of the best test batsmen of his generation. Kallis doesn’t have same distinction with reference to ODIs