• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vintage Cricket - Official Drafting Thread

iamdavid

International Debutant
6.02 Inzamam-Ul-Haq

matches-89

batting avge-49.42
runs-6523
100's-18

catches-69

One of few remaining Pakistani's worth their salts.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
JohnnyA said:
James ... I found a replacement fro PY actually. Could you pick for Slat4Ever until he returns. If your really interested in this kind of league, I'm starting a real one after this using only contmporary player and future stats. If you're interested in this, email me at johnnya24@yahoo.co.uk

Best,

Jon
OK ill pick for Slats

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
just clarifying the Hutton situation - yes, I went out of turn. As soon as it was pointed out, I withdrew the pick and deleted the post. I then did the 'decent' thing and ignored him for a couple of rounds to give anyone else the chance to grab him before thinking 'What the hell'.

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
luckyeddie said:
just clarifying the Hutton situation - yes, I went out of turn. As soon as it was pointed out, I withdrew the pick and deleted the post. I then did the 'decent' thing and ignored him for a couple of rounds to give anyone else the chance to grab him before thinking 'What the hell'.
Since when did decency have a part to play in the cricket world ... WIN WIN WIN :P

Neilpickup UP next

then MrMX

BTW the list of people traken until the end of th 5 th round in here. As will be everyone's teams when I get the time:

Vintage Cricket Web Page

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Craig McMillan 6.05

Bat-42.62
Runs-2856
100s-6

bowl-44.25
wickets-27

hmm, i havent checked if he has been taken or not...

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Tough pick here. Thought about a NZ'er. But I also need an opener. So I'll opt for my first Aussie, who happened to be a decent bloke by all accounts:

6.06 Mark Taylor

BA: 43.22
RUNS: 7525
100's: 19

Dismissals: 157

GratefulCardinals at the crease

Marc with his pads on in the pavilion

gratefulcardina

Cricket Spectator
6:07 Colin Cowdrey

Sir MCC, MCC President, made fun of (yet respected as well) in Australia for getting off the plane in Perth to face Lillee and Thomson (replacing Edrich? Getting old). A famous comedy routine said it all - 'Oh dear! hit 'em in the balls! - he must have been in his forties, showed a lot of guts (and gut).

114 Tests
188 inns, 15 no
7624 runs at 44.07 (182 HS)
38 50s, 22 100s
120 catches

Darn you for taking Taylor, too, that wasn't welcoming to the bloke!

Cheers to all, hope I did this okay at my second attempt

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Gotta get a Kiwi!

Glenn Maitland Turner:

41 matches
2991 runs
44.64 average
7 tons

2 overs, so not a bowler!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Nathan Astle (NZ)

Batting AVG: 39.04
Runs: 3592
Hundreds: 9

Bowling AVG: 47.53
Wickets: 36
5 wicket innings: 0

Dismissals: 53

That's it for me now folks

as of now JAMEEEE will be taking over as i'm going on schoolies. Good luck mate and i hope u lead the side well

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks slats I didnt know you were still here so I was preparing a 4 man shortlist

P.S. Astle was 1 of them