• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

village cricket timed game rules

qwertyjjj

Cricket Spectator
Where are the rules for village cricket timed one day games?
I have heard so many different variations on this when playing such as
- 1 ball per game not per batting side
- leg side wides
- restricted overs per bowler.

As far as I was aware, the timed game is played with the same rules as a test match except that you get 20 overs from 6pm.
Generally, you declare at teas but you don't have to. The new fielding side then gets a new ball. You are also
- allowed to bowl on the leg side,
- 2 bouncers per over,
- no restriction on over limit.

Any ideas?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Each league will define its own rules depending on the thoughts of the clubs and the league committee as to what is best.

Simply, there are no hard and fast rules regarding this.

qwertyjjj

Cricket Spectator
Each league will define its own rules depending on the thoughts of the clubs and the league committee as to what is best.

Simply, there are no hard and fast rules regarding this.
Really?! Madness! :) It just seems that even for limited overs games, we all play the same as that for international standard.
I really don't agree with this rule though:
- 1 ball per game not per batting side.
After 40 overs, the 2nd fielding side ain't gonna like that!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ive played a massive variety of different rules for Limited over cricket as well. There are no universal rules for that either. Some may follow ODI rules but many dont.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In the Devon Cricket League, we play 46 overs, maximum 13 per bowler - and if you're bowled out early, your remaining overs go to the other side.

For example, if you're 157 all out in 41, the opposition chase 158 in (46+5)=51...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Ive played 50, 55 and 60 over cricket where there is no limit on bowler overs and also when the bowlers are limited to approx 8-12. Games where the overs are carried over to the team batting 2nd if the team batting first is bowled out and also when they dont, Ive played with field restrictions and no field restrictions, I played for straight wins and losses but also winning draws and losing draws, Ive played games where the team batting first gets 60 overs and the team batting 2nd gets 50 etc, I played where bouncers are outlawed and also where you can bowl 6 in an over if you want etc

There are 1001 different Limited overs variations and each League is pretty much on its own to decide.

qwertyjjj

Cricket Spectator
There are some Duke & Son cricket balls on eBay.
Any good?

Is this the same Duke & SOns in the usual Duke vs Kookaburra ball debate ?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In the Devon Cricket League, we play 46 overs, maximum 13 per bowler - and if you're bowled out early, your remaining overs go to the other side.

For example, if you're 157 all out in 41, the opposition chase 158 in (46+5)=51...
And, as Jeff mentioned to me earlier today, it's a compulsary declaration at 46 overs - you have the option of declaring earlier if you wish.