• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unusual result in Aus v NZ test

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If his doctor really does know it I'll believe it.
Somehow, though, until I hear that I find it totally inconceivable.
Even if it were the case, as I say, his supposedly being fit (and certainly there have been plenty of times when he hasn't been) hasn't made him bowl any better.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
How does he manage that? Has he got superhumanly long fingers, or can he twist them more than normal people?
Because I don't see how he can do something no other fingerspinner has ever been able to do.
Really Richard. You do take yourself very seriously dont you ?

Have you seen Prasanna bowl ? I doubt it. He could turn on all surfaces.
Even Murali will turn on most surfaces.

Because I don't see how he can do something no other fingerspinner has ever been able to do.

On what basis/authority are you saying this ?

If it is just what you THINK, its the height of arrogance.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
C'mon, SJS - Murali, a fingerspinner?
No, I've never seen much footage of Prasanna. But he did have six fingers, and some other strange disorder that meant he could tweak it more than a normal hand can.
The fact is, normally built human bodies cannot put sufficient spin on the ball with the fingers to make it turn on all surfaces.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
So you're still going to call him a liar even though you have absolutely no knowledge of his body.
No, I'm not going to call him a liar, I've already said that, that's just you twisting words to try to earn an advantage.
I don't need knowledge of his body specifically to know that the claim that he was never fit to bowl before Galle 2003\04 and always has been from then on is an utterly ridiculous claim.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There is no way I can know about it as acutely as he can.
I can, however, know when he is obviously carrying an injury and when he's not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In your words he said he was never fit to bowl before 2003\04.
And it's completely impossible to be not fit to bowl for 5 and a half years.