• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Oh ****. Off.

"We're so sorry for following the un-rejectable instruction of our government telling us Five-Eyes has identified a credible threat to our players and we should leave immediately, here have some of the money we're always sooking about not having."

I'm sick of the PCBs victim complex and supposedly reputable media like cricinfo pandering to it. NZC are essentially fining themselves for being ordered by the NZ government to put human beings above an elaborate game of catch.

David White is such a weak man. They should feel bloody lucky NZ are going back. I hope we break them.
I blame Jacinda

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Unsurprisingly, but disappointingly, Will Young didnt play fir Northants in their match starting yesterday.

Yanked out of real cricket to play some 15-a-side rubbish, be in camp with a temporary coach like Ebrahim who's attention to detail and desire to improve his players goes as far as not even knowing who his own province's second choice keeper is.
And to make matters worse the open wicket training vs Sussex day one may not happen today. It's raining. Expected at this time of the year in UK.

Thought I'll watch for an hour and hit the sack but not to be.

The game is live on YouTube. The tickets at the ground is 30 pounds.

Nicholls, Tickener and Jurgensen have covid.

At this rate better off not prune the squad to 15.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
And to make matters worse the open wicket training vs Sussex day one may not happen today. It's raining. Expected at this time of the year in UK.

Thought I'll watch for an hour and hit the sack but not to be.

The game is live on YouTube. The tickets at the ground is 30 pounds.

Nicholls, Tickener and Jurgensen have covid.

At this rate better off not prune the squad to 15.
Yeah cricinfo says no play before lunch.

ataraxia

International Coach
No play overnight. It turns out we have only 12 players available anyway, but the match is still not FC it looks.

nzfan

No play overnight. It turns out we have only 12 players available anyway, but the match is still not FC it looks.
There are good number of boys playing cricket in UK at the moment, they could borrow some if they need some fill ins.

nzfan

Sussex average age of the team is 21. One of those teams that resemble our NZ xi that we front up for touring teams.

Other than being out in the field all day not much of use and not something that sets us up for the rest of the tour.

Truly commendable UK crowd pays 30 quids and turns up in good number to watch. Contrast that with our public. Heck there'll be no more than couple of guys if at all for such games.

nzfan

Watched fair bit of yesterday's play on YouTube. Latham looked very secure vs new ball. Young not so much, Ollie Robinson bowled good channels and troubled him early on.

I can see why they picked Bracewell and now batting him in the middle order. Granted he was facing some innocuous bowlers with the older ball but still looked very good at the crease. Good balance and when he did hit the ball he did with authority. I think the management will be very tempted to keep him in the 15 and if they do at least with what I saw it won't be wrong.

Rutherford, I'm not so convinced if his second coming is going to be all that great. Still early days, got to see how he goes in couple more hits.

Unlucky for Cam a bit of spin and turn took the edge.

Blundell was all right, had his troubles outside off but looking compact mostly.

No point taking about CDG he does his thing if it's his day.

Ravindra looked all class and played in particular Ollie Robinson vs second new ball quite comfortably but given they're batting him at no 8 vs a county side he'll be on the way out no matter what he does I think. Not a bad thing, just looking good don't help as much. Now with Bracewell around he'll have to do way more than just looking a classy player. He's a long term player so should not be an issue missing out few series.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Last edited:

nzfan

Yup this is definitely not the Michael Bracewell I used to watch live at basin, prodding outside off stumps tentatively, hard hands, lack of temperament etc.. I've watched so many PS games at basin and don't have great memories of Bracewell playing good knocks.

But looking at him yesterday I'm starting to think he has couple of good years or three in him. Doesn't look any less than a Young, Nicholls or any of the middle order batters we have barring Kane and Devon of course.

Immenso

Spreads out the spinner logjam forming in ND. Someone had to move. Probably still another needs to go somewhere.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While he undoubtedly looks and is good, if he had a better support crew he could win more games but there's just too much pressure on him to produce the goods unfortunately.