• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hence my use of the 'significant' qualifier. Not really that interested in forking out $80 to watch a couple of JAM ODI tours that will be broadcast in the middle of the night.

Also, Spark has the rights to English cricket, though I'm not sure what's happening to it after July.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Hence my use of the 'significant' qualifier. Not really that interested in forking out $80 to watch a couple of JAM ODI tours that will be broadcast in the middle of the night.

Also, Spark has the rights to English cricket, though I'm not sure what's happening to it after July.
Yeah I figured after you said it you probably wouldn't deem those as significant haha.

Surely SKY step in and get the English rights back, I just want to be able to watch the Ashes.

jcas0167

International Debutant
I would have liked to see Oram turn out again. Ross Taylor should be an automatic selection once he fully retires.

Loving watching Chris Martin bowl again and Parore's keeping is tidy as ever.

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
What a over by Solia today! I think he is handy batsman.if keeper not drops he probably gets hat-rick.!

I watched Lister's bowling this very morning here in india, over Fancode.my chance to see Lister in india in 3 T20I soon

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain

80 Bucks? Many in rupees

In india Fancode cost 400/600 rupees yearly

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
How's the hype levels for most people on that game? My level is somewhere between would actively look the other way at a wall if it was on, and would choose b) poke razor sharp pins through my eyes than a) watch Black Clash.
It was a very painful watch and looked more fixed than usual (apart from the last over).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
For all the hype about Barrett’s high school cricket credentials, I thought he looked totally village. The one team rugby player to do a passable impression of a cricketer was Jock McKenzie. Looked like he was bowling in the 130’s and got good shape even if his radar was a little wonky. Couple of balls in there that proper batsmen would’ve found awkward to deal with.

Flem274*

123/5
jordie was an absolute gun in age group stuff and even coming through as a really young dude. he's ****ing huge and a natural athlete. just good at everything he does. edit - his shoulder has had issues tho (not sure if it's his right). probs can't bowl any real pace anymore.

Last edited:

jcas0167

International Debutant
For all the hype about Barrett’s high school cricket credentials, I thought he looked totally village. The one team rugby player to do a passable impression of a cricketer was Jock McKenzie. Looked like he was bowling in the 130’s and got good shape even if his radar was a little wonky. Couple of balls in there that proper batsmen would’ve found awkward to deal with.
Yeah, seems like quite a loss to cricket given the number of centuries he seems to get at a rapid rate coming in at about 7 or so for development and A sides. I was hoping that Barrett would get a bat too. I suspect the crowd would have preferred to see him come in ahead of Andy Ellis. Boshier would probably be a handy white ball player too, shades of Fulton with his hulking style.

Also, I think the ACC comm team forgot that mainstream TV doesn't cover streakers.

I'm a huge fan of the Black Clash - anything that draws a million viewers to cricket just before school goes back is gold.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a big transition body wise to being a cricketer to a guy who will likely play 12 at the World Cup this year. I'm sure that's changed his ability to be an effective cricketer. Jock is a skinny outside back who also hasn't been in the system as long

jcas0167

International Debutant
I think part of my issue with the Black Clash is how it's hosted...the glory days of the ACC are over. I turned on for a few minutes while my kids went to sleep and it's beyond painful.
Yeah, it gets a bit grating. Jason Hoyte had to commentate seriously for a NZA game a few years ago and was surprisingly good.

DougieRydal

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think part of my issue with the Black Clash is how it's hosted...the glory days of the ACC are over. I turned on for a few minutes while my kids went to sleep and it's beyond painful.
I still like the ACC, but it largely depends on who is behind the mic. They've had way more misses than hits since the opened it up to a wider bunch of 'comedians'. If you have Hoyte and Jeremy Wells on ball by ball supported by Leigh Hart and Mike Minogue that's gold. But Dai Henwood, Ben Hurley, James McConie etc aren't a patch on them...