• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*un-official* England Lion vs Sri lanka A in Sri lanka. Jan / Feb 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
sL A 25/4>> 230 all out (45.1 ovs)

Samaravikrama 74, Chamika karunaratne 52,
Sahan Arachchige 57, Angelo Mathews 13, Avishka F 0.

BOWLINGOMRWECONWDNB
Sam Cook923523.8820
Saqib Mahmood7.102733.7620
Tom Abell
Matt Critchley
Tom Prest2.501314.5800
Tom Hartley6.200
Jacob Bethell905025.551

2 Run out

Eng Lion : 231/6 (40.2 ovs)
Bethel 50, Cox 46, Haynes 25, Sam Hain 52, Priest 27.
Hemantha 10/0/56/3, & Jayavickrama 2 wkts each
Sahan Arachchige 7/1/31/1

Lion 1/0 with 4 wkt win
Cong

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably play in the last game. I don't know why Fisher is chosen for ODIs l/a (35) 32 wickets at 43.81 econ 5.94
Well I hope your right about Saq. I dunno, with Fisher I guess they just want him to bowl when he's fit as that happens so infrequently.

It's just the same question with our pace bowlers over and over, how many can get on the field.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Eng Lion beaten by 6 wkts with 17.5' ovs spares
SA A won by 2/1

Flashback below
Sri Lanka vs NZ test

Match Refree Brendon Kurupu ( refree at lion vs SL A ODI)on his debut game batted 777 minutes vs Richard Hadlee scored 201 not out Hadlee took 4 wkts but take revenge with Srilankan bowlers on his way to 150 plus not out.

Kuruppu play couple of test for SL in eng before retire after 4 test

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
So Mahmood is off to Bangladesh to play in the ODIs. Misses out on the T20s. Both to be shown by SKY and commentary by Talksport.

FBU

International Debutant
Just looking at the commentary on Cricinfo. Mahmood just gets one spell of 5 overs. Why wouldn't you bring him back when the SLs were getting near their target. Econ 4.80 Crane and Hartley 5.85 and 6.41.