• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**** UEFA Champions League Prediction ****

Tom Halsey

International Coach
If we get past Milan, I'd agree - and we had enough chances at OT for me to be encouraged. I just hope Carroll doesn't get anywhere near the San Siro.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tom Halsey said:
If we get past Milan, I'd agree - and we had enough chances at OT for me to be encouraged. I just hope Carroll doesn't get anywhere near the San Siro.
Is Howard any better though?

twctopcat

International Regular
Going on his first season when he was keeper of the season, i'd say yes, its like a cricketer, give him a run and it will be fine.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Keeper of the season?

According to who?

He most certainly was not the best keeper in the Premier last year.

twctopcat

International Regular
Mourinho says Robben is out of tomorrow's match, like Duff was out of the last Barca game, will believe that when i see it....

twctopcat

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Keeper of the season?

According to who?

He most certainly was not the best keeper in the Premier last year.
Well he certainly won an award that i forget now, who was better last season then??? I'd say Anti Niemi was the only one on his level.

EDIT was the fa 2003 team of the season.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
twctopcat said:
Mourinho says Robben is out of tomorrow's match, like Duff was out of the last Barca game, will believe that when i see it....
I have a feeling he may be on the bench - lets face it, this is the only game they've got left that matters this season (if they don't go through) so may as well risk him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
twctopcat said:
Well he certainly won an award that i forget now, who was better last season then???
Cudicini was head and shoulders above any keeper (as he had been for 2 or 3 years)

Howard is yet another attempt to replace Rudolph that has failed.

twctopcat

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Cudicini was head and shoulders above any keeper (as he had been for 2 or 3 years)

Howard is yet another attempt to replace Rudolph that has failed.
Trying to replace the best goalie ever is a hard task and comparing Cudicini with Howard is a fruitless task like SRT and Lara. Cudicini is good no doubt and all i was pointing out is so is Howard. Yet again another anti MU football supporter exaggerates the words of a MU fan because we're all so ridiculous.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
not really, i think if you asked most United fans (well all the ones i know round here) they'd say Cudicini is miles better

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Cudicini's better but not by miles.Give Howard a bit of credit. He didn't do too badly without Ferdinand there to strengthen the back four in front of him.

biased indian

International Coach
Its second leg
any one joining pls try to keep the order same, would be easy to for me to check up

Questions worth 2 points

Juventus VS Real Madrid----> Juventus
LeverkusenVS Liverpool ----> LiverPool
Monaco VS PSV ----> PSV
Arsenal VS Bayern ----> Bayern

Internazionale VS Porto ----> Inter
Chelsea VS Barcelona ----> Barca
Milan VS Man. United ----> Man U
Lyon VS Bremen----> Lyon

Two Bonus Question for late comers to catch up worth 3 points

who will go through to next round

Chelsea VS Barcelona (1-2) ----> Barca
AC Milan VS Man Utd (0-0) ---->AC Milan

Given in correct order

this is how it stand now

twctopcat------------->12 (6/8 75 %)
Neil Pickup----------->08 (4/8 50 %)
Biased Indian-------->08 (4/8 50 %)
NikhliN----------------->04 (2/8 25 %)
Tom Halsey---------->04 (2/8 25 %)
scaly piscine-------->04 (2/8 25 %)
PY---------------------->04 (2/8 25 %)
BlackStar------------>04 (2/8 25 %)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
twctopcat said:
Trying to replace the best goalie ever is a hard task
I know it is a hard task, but best goalie ever? One of the top 10.

twctopcat said:
and comparing Cudicini with Howard is a fruitless task like SRT and Lara. Cudicini is good no doubt and all i was pointing out is so is Howard.
That's an even worse claim than Schmeichel as best ever.

Howard is nowhere near the keeper Cudicini is, that SRT and Lara comparison is just bonkers.

twctopcat said:
Yet again another anti MU football supporter exaggerates the words of a MU fan because we're all so ridiculous.
I don't think I'm the one exaggerating here,

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
Cudicini's better but not by miles.Give Howard a bit of credit. He didn't do too badly without Ferdinand there to strengthen the back four in front of him.
Of the 69 games he's been at the club, he's played 39, so he's not even 1st pick at his club.

Cudicini would walk into any English side except Chelsea because he's comfortably the 2nd best keeper in the country.

twctopcat

International Regular
marc71178 said:
I know it is a hard task, but best goalie ever? One of the top 10.
Perhaps, but off the top of my head i can't really think of any better. Banks, Zoff and Yashin spring to mind but i'd go with Schmeichel and Yashin level really above all others, apart from oggy perhaps ;).

marc71178 said:
Howard is nowhere near the keeper Cudicini is, that SRT and Lara comparison is just bonkers.
Well that's a difference of opinion then, when Howard is given the chance he is as good a keeper as anyone out there, all keepers make mistakes, even Cudicini i dare say.