• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty 20 - Powerplays

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Why not make things more interesting and have a 3 over bowling powerplay, and a 3 over batting powerplay

slugger

State Vice-Captain
the reason 20 20 is popular is because of the time required to watch it, it is more than likely out of all forms of cricket that a tied game is going to occurr more regulary in a 20 20 match. therefore a one over each super over is really the best way, no use trying to extend the game an further than that.

Polo23

International Debutant
the reason 20 20 is popular is because of the time required to watch it, it is more than likely out of all forms of cricket that a tied game is going to occurr more regulary in a 20 20 match. therefore a one over each super over is really the best way, no use trying to extend the game an further than that.
Uhh...when was a tie breaker even mentioned?

Agree that there should be a 3 over bowling and 3 over batting powerplay.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't see any major issue with the current format of six overs of powerplays up front to be honest, and tend to think that cutting that apart to form batting and bowling powerplays would only be a fix to something that isn't currently broken. In saying that, if there was major support for the idea, I'd rather have 2 compulsary powerplay overs up front, and then 2-over batting and bowling powerplays taken at optional points during the other 18 overs - though as I say, I'd prefer that to be a last resort.