• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Samuel_Vimes said:
The whole thing was brought up by Kearsley wanting to move - doesn't that show that players have some say?
I guess it does Hakon, I guess it does. :sleep:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Black confirming their half of the trade.

As far as I'm concerned, they should only go through if all four players (Kearsley, Gray, Stedman, Luff) don't mind. If any of them don't want to leave, then I'm sure that Reds and I can find an alternative solution.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
The Red board agree with the switch. Seeing as it's gone all "player power", we'll probably need messrs Kearsley, Luff, Stedman and Gray to agree now.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, I'm fed up waiting - as far as I'm concerned, this will go through unless one of the players concerned posts in disagreement within the next 18 hours - 1000 BST on Saturday.

David

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
Right, I'm fed up waiting - as far as I'm concerned, this will go through unless one of the players concerned posts in disagreement within the next 18 hours - 1000 BST on Saturday.
Typical Pickup high-handedness.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
This is why players shouldn't have a say in trades. We'd be waiting forever and a day for them to go through.
I propose that in future there be a thread where details of a trade are given, the board and both teams confirm it and the trade goes through. However, a player can object to the trade before all three have confirmed it, giving them a right to have their say on the club they play for but not forever.

David

International 12th Man
I don't have a problem with the outcome, just the way certain members go about getting the outcome.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
So i will be available for the first round of games yer?

Feels weird going to Red, but hope it's worth it in the long run.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
David said:
I don't have a problem with the outcome, just the way certain members go about getting the outcome.
Well we waited 24 hours between asking the players to confirm agreement and Neil losing his patience. It's now what, 42 hours? Are we supposed to wait forever? What's the point in giving them a say if they're not going to use it?

David

International 12th Man
steds said:
Well we waited 24 hours between asking the players to confirm agreement and Neil losing his patience. It's now what, 42 hours? Are we supposed to wait forever? What's the point in giving them a say if they're not going to use it?
Criminal offence, It's all about attiude.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
David said:
Criminal offence, It's all about attiude.
So you would keep it going until now - almost 2 whole days later - and longer than that for Stedman and Luff to post, when it looks pretty obvious now that they aren't going to. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, and 24 hours is enough for everyone, no matter what timezone, to have ample time to reply and still make it a nice quick transaction. If they don't post it's their fault.